Swai is my new favorite fish. It is delicious, light and flaky, not too fishy, low in mercury, and super easy to cook. I wrote about my first experience with cooking Swai, and now we had the rest of the package in the freezer to deal with.
These Chili Lime Swai Fillets are super delicious and they really can’t be any easier or faster to make. It is almost silly how simple this recipe is, and because of that I am not even including the measurements of any of the spices I used. Just sprinkle everything on the Swai fillets and cook.
We made this for a weeknight dinner, and ate the chili lime swai with a large salad. Super healthy, super quick dinner. I love it when things are this easy.
If you don’t have Swai, then tilapia would be just as delicious. Tilapia is usually a little thicker, so make sure you cook it just a minute or two longer on each side.
10 Minute Chili Lime Swai Fillets
Makes: 2 servings. Total time: 10 minutes.
- 2 thawed Swai fillets (we made 3, because I wanted to bring some for lunch the next day)
- Chili powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Lime wedges (or a half teaspoon of lime juice)
- Olive oil for cooking
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Season the tops of the swai fillets with a tiny bit of salt and pepper, and then with chili powder.
2. Place the swai seasoned side down into the pan. As it is cooking, season the other side the same way. After it cooks for 2 minutes on one side, carefully flip it and cook for 2 minutes on the other side, or until the swai is fully cooked.
3. Squeeze some lime over the swai and serve.
That’s it! If there is ever a time when don’t want to mess around with cooking, this is the recipe you need. Swai and other fish thaws really quickly, and you don’t even need to get a cutting board out to make this.