Last updated on April 23rd, 2018.
This recipe for 3-Ingredient Breakfast Caramel Energy Bites was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
I’ve made some seriously delicious things lately, but these 3-Ingredient Breakfast Caramel Energy Bites are still one of my favorite recipes. These little balls of goodness are just so perfectly snackable, portable, chewy and delicious. And on top of that they have only 3 ingredients, take 10 minutes to make, and are packed with healthy energy and filling fiber.
I made these using International Delight Simply Pure Caramel coffee creamer (that’s where the caramel part comes in!). And aside from the caramel, this creamer contains real milk, cream, and sugar. The Simply Pure line of creamers has three flavors – Caramel, Vanilla, and Hazelnut. Now that I think about it, these energy bites would be delicious with either one of the three flavors.
I made the caramel energy bites and had them for breakfast one day paired with a nice hot cup of coffee with Simply Pure Caramel creamer – yum! The next day I finished the caramel energy bites as an afternoon snack when I needed another cup of coffee to get through the work day. Can you tell that I am pretty addicted to coffee? 🙂 It’s not something I am looking to change about myself.
Please excuse my peeling fingers in the picture below – that is from rock climbing – but I couldn’t resist posting a picture of the yummy chewy inside of these energy bites. They were just so good.
3-Ingredient Breakfast Caramel Energy Bites
- 3/4 + 1/2 cup instant oats , divided
- 1 cup dried medjool dates , seeds removed (tightly packed, about 30 dates)
- 2 tablespoons Simply Pure Caramel Creamer
- Optional: pinch of salt
- In a small food processor, pulse the 3/4 cup oatmeal a few times until it resembles a coarse flour. Add the dates and the Simply Pure Caramel creamer and salt (if using) and process until it comes together into a thick paste. You might need to scrape down the mixture with a spoon a few times.
- Transfer the paste to a medium bowl and add the remaining 1/2 cup instant oatmeal. Use your hands to work the oatmeal into the date mixture. It will be sticky but it should form a thick paste.
- Rinse your hands, and use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop or measuring spoon to scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands. Note: This is much easier to do if your hands are wet - the mixture will not stick to your hands this way!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.