Last updated on April 24th, 2018.
This recipe for 30 Minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Enjoy these 30 Minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs (with bacon!) grilled or roasted in the oven for a super quick dinner.
Just two days of work left for me before maternity leave! I can’t believe this is really happening so soon. My mom had both me and my brother early, so technically I can go into labor umm, like, yesterday. But I am hoping this baby hangs on for about two more weeks, because I have big plans of relaxing on our (almost) finished patio before our life completely changes. Big plans, I tell ya.
I CANNOT WAIT until we start grilling our dinners out on the patio. Our grill is just waiting to be wheeled out there as soon as the patio finished. Half the reason I wanted a house was so that we had outdoor space and could spend summer evenings outside.
One classic you cannot go wrong with is kebabs. Can anyone tell me why food on a skewer always tastes so good?? These 30 minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs are an absolute favorite of mine, especially when made with Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet. The Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork makes these kebabs super easy to put together, without needing the think ahead and marinate the pork in advance. Just dice the pork loin and put it on skewers with your favorite grilling vegetables (and some pineapple, if you are into that sort of thing!). The fact that there are bacon bits all over just makes this all the better!
This recipe works awesome both on the grill or roasted in the oven – either way it is super quick and delicious, I can’t think of a better way to get real flavor, real fast. The awesome thing about these kebabs is that they make for a great lunch the next day too – just remove the veggies and pork pieces from the skewer and toss over a salad or into a quick pasta salad with a bit of olive oil. These kebabs taste just as good the next day, which is perfect for us because we try to bring lunch to work every day.
If bacon is not your thing (gwatt??), any of the other Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork products would be great in this recipe too – Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet, or the Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
- 1 package Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet (about 2 pounds Pork Loin Filet)
- 1 small red bell pepper , diced into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 small orange bell pepper , diced into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini , cut into 1-2 inch slices
- 1 small red onion , cut into 1-2 inch slices
- 1 10-oz package baby bella mushrooms , cleaned and cut in half if they are big
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper , to taste
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- Optional garnish: diced scallions
- If using the oven, preheat to 400F. If using wooden skewers for roasting the kebabs in the oven, soak them in water while preparing the ingredients. Use metal skewers if you plan on grilling.
- Dice the loin filet into 1 inch cubes. Try to keep the cubes small and consistent in size, so they cook quickly.
- Combine all the diced vegetables (bell peppers through mushrooms) in a large bowl and toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternating between the diced pork, various vegetables, and pineapple pieces.
- Roast or grill the kebabs for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pork is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 170F. Remove from heat, allow to cool 5 minutes before serving, and garnish with diced scallions.