Make Hot Pockets in the air fryer! Just 10 minutes from freezer to plate, and you have the tastiest, cheesiest, meltiest snack! If you love hot pockets as snacks and wish there was a better way to cook hot pockets other than oven-baking or microwaving, then definitely give these Air Fryer Hot Pockets a try!
How to air fry hot pockets
I recently posted a "recipe" for air fryer bagel bites, and I've been going through all my favorite freezer section snacks and converting the cooking instructions to air fryer instructions.
Next up: hot pockets!!
Just like bagel bites, it takes WAY TOO LONG to bake them in the oven (28 minutes plus preheating time??). And microwaving them always results in lava-temperature cheese that burns the roof of your mouth while some sections of the hot pocket are still inexplicably frozen. Ugh.
So I discovered that air frying hot pockets is by far the BEST way to cook hot pockets!
Just 10 minutes at 350F, and your hot pockets are ready. Just look how CRISP the edges are, you can see the flakiness! And the inside is perfectly melty. Not burning hot, but thoroughly heated through.
10 minutes from freezer to plate?? YES PLEASE!!
I used ham and cheese hot pockets for this recipe, but you can use your favorite hot pockets with the same cook time.
I have an Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer and I absolutely love it! Use it many times daily!
Related recipe: Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas
Air frying tips
- Just like all air fryer recipes, you should check on the hot pockets in the air fryer a few minutes before the cooking time is up. All air fryer models and types cook slightly differently.
- There is no need to flip these hot pockets halfway through cooking, but you should always check to make sure they're not burning on one side.
- Remove the hot pocket from the air fryer and let it rest for a minute before slicing into it or biting into it.
Related recipe: Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Reheating hot pockets in the air fryer
If you don't finish your hot pockets, you can reheat them in the air fryer. You can also heat up thawed hot pockets in the air fryer. Simply put them into the air fryer and air fry for 2-3 minutes at 350F, or until fully heated through.
Related recipe: Air Fryer Orange Chicken
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- 2 Hot Pockets - (or as many as you can fit in your air fryer without crowding)
- Optional: oil spray - (but I don't think the hot pockets need it, they come out great without oil)
- If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat to 350F.
- Remove the hot pockets from the crisper pouch and place the hot pockets on your air fryer tray or in the basket (depending on the type of air fryer you have).
- Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes, or until the hot pockets are thoroughly cooked and heated through, crispy on top, and melty on the inside. No need to flip them halfway through, but always check on them before the cook time is up since all air fryer models cook differently.
- Remove the hot pockets from the air fryer and let them rest for a minute before biting into them or slicing them.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.