Flavorful, flaky, perfectly cooked salmon? ✓ Check!
Crisp-tender, delicious asparagus? ✓ Check!
A healthy dinner that's ready in under 20 minutes with 6 ingredients that cooks in the air fryer all at the same time? ✓ Check!
That's what you get with this easy Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus recipe! Serve it on its own for a light low-carb meal, or pair with a side dish like mashed potatoes or rice and enjoy! Keep reading for lots of side dish ideas that go perfectly with salmon and asparagus.
Air fryer salmon dinner
My favorite thing about this recipe is that the salmon and asparagus cook TOGETHER at the same time in the air fryer. So you can have a complete salmon dinner made in the air fryer, no need to dirty up any other pans!
The salmon and asparagus on their own are low-carb and gluten-free. This is a great dinner for families where one or two members of the family are trying to eat a little healthier, but they can still make a variety of side dishes that the rest of the family can enjoy if they're extra hungry!
More salmon dinner ideas: Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls
What to serve with salmon and asparagus
The great part about this recipe is that it goes with so many side dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Mashed potatoes (try these make-ahead slow cooker mashed potatoes!)
- Roasted potatoes, such as roasted young potatoes with crispy skins or za'atar roasted potatoes
- Check out the potato side dishes in this list of canned potato recipes
- Rice, such as white rice, wild rice, brown rice, or try this garlic turmeric rice for extra flavor and color. It's like sunshine on a plate!
- Sweet potato. You can just microwave a sweet potato for ~6-7 minutes (adjust depending on the size), carefully slice it in half, and scoop out the delicious soft mashed potato!
- Roasted Jerusalem artichoke
- Garlic bread
Low-carb side dish ideas for salmon
More easy salmon recipes: Blackened Salmon with Mango Black Bean Relish
- 1 lb salmon fillet - this can be a whole 1-lb piece, or sliced into thinner fillets. It's OK if the skin is on, the skin will peel off easily once the salmon is cooked. Once the salmon is cooked, save that salmon skin to make crispy salmon skin bacon!!
- 1 lb asparagus, washed and and the tough fibery ends trimmed off. Try to get asparagus that is on the medium-to-thick size so that it doesn't overcook while the salmon is cooking
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil - if you have an oil sprayer, I recommend that so you can get a nice even layer of oil on the salmon easily
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning, or to taste
- ~2 teaspoons garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Texas Seasoning, or your favorite steak seasoning or Cajun seasoning for more spice
More air fryer salmon recipes: Air Fryer Salmon Bites
All you need for this recipe is:
- An air fryer (I have the Instant Pot Vortex and absolutely love it!)
- An olive oil sprayer (this is really helpful, but optional, I love this reusable one!)
- Measuring spoons (but you can also just kind of eyeball it and sprinkle the seasonings on generously)
- A cutting board to trim off the ends of the asparagus
More salmon dinner ideas: Mayo Baked Salmon
Spray or drizzle olive oil all over the salmon evenly. If drizzling, use your hands or the back of a spoon to spread it around all over the top of the salmon. This will help the seasonings to stick and create a crust on the skin of the salmon.
Season the salmon generously with lemon pepper, garlic salt, and Texas seasoning.
Place the asparagus into the bottom of an air fryer basket or tray. Drizzle or spray the asparagus with olive oil. Season the asparagus with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
Place the salmon on top of the asparagus. Air fry at 350F for 12-18 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. The cook time will depend on the thickness of the salmon, so check on it after ~12 minutes and see how much more time it needs.
More easy air fryer seafood recipes: Air Fryer Trout
Recipe variations and tips
→ All air fryers cook differently, and all salmon is different thickness, so make sure to check on the salmon after about 12 minutes. If your air fryer requires preheating, you might need less cook time. If you do not preheat, you might need to add a few minutes of cook time.
→ Adjust the seasonings to YOUR tastes! Double check the amount of sodium in each seasoning, and consider cutting down on the amount of seasoning if your lemon pepper and your steak seasonings contain salt.
→ Try placing a few slices of lemon on top of the salmon before air frying it to give it an extra citrusy flavor boost. Or squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top before serving.
→ Garnish the salmon with fresh finely diced parsley for an extra pop of green.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Air Fryer Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 lb salmon fillet - (whole or in pieces. It's OK if the skin is on, it comes off easy after the salmon is cooked.)
- 1 lb asparagus - washed and and the tough fibery ends trimmed. Try to get asparagus that is on the medium-to-thick size
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil - use an olive oil sprayer if you have one!
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning - or to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt - or to taste (use less if your lemon pepper seasoning has salt)
- 1 tablespoon Texas Seasoning - or your favorite steak seasoning
- Spray or drizzle olive oil all over the salmon to coat it lightly.
- Season the salmon generously with lemon pepper, garlic salt, and Texas seasoning.
- Place the asparagus into the bottom of an air fryer basket or tray. Drizzle or spray the asparagus with olive oil. Season the asparagus with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Place the salmon on top of the asparagus. Air fry at 350F for 12-18 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. The cook time will depend on the thickness of the salmon, so check on it after ~12 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side dish! The salmon skin will come off easily if it was on. Use it to make salmon skin bacon!
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to give it a star rating and pin it on Pinterest!
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.