These adorable Apple Pie Cups are the easiest dessert to make and seriously taste so much better than traditional apple pie! Made with store-bought cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling, these cinnamon roll apple cups have the tastiest crust ever and are absolutely irresistible.
These little treats make an amazing Thanksgiving dessert, or a just-because Fall dessert.
Mini apple pies
Ready for the EASIEST apple dessert ever?? You're going to love these easy individual apple pie recipe made with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls instead of pie crust.
Even if you're a dessert-from-scratch person, hear me out here. You're going to LOVE these mini apple pies because:
- They have the tastiest cinnamon roll crust that is crispy, buttery, flaky, and perfect for unrolling. You have to admit that sounds better (and easier!) than traditional apple pie crust, no?
- Super easy to make - you can get kids involved to help you!
- Ready in under a half hour!
- They are great for portion control.... unless you eat two or three of these bad boys. Oops!!
Just look at that fantastic cinnamon roll crust and apple pie filling. I'm telling you, cinnamon roll apple pies are amazing.
Related recipe: Cheesecake with Apple Pie Topping
Ready to make these?
Here's what you need:
- 2 cans of Cinnamon Rolls (such as Cinnabon or Pillsbury)
- 1 can of Apple Pie Filling - 21 ounce
If you're looking for a "from scratch" apple recipe that is still crazy easy, try these air fryer baked apples!
You'll also need:
- Muffin tray (12 muffins per tray)
- Coking spray (neutral-flavored or butter-flavored)
Related recipe: Lemon Curd Cream Puffs
Here's how to make cinnamon apple pie cups:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Spray a muffin tin with the Cooking Spray, and place a Cinnabon Cinnamon roll in each muffin space. Press the roll up the sides and down in the bottom of the muffin tin, to form a little cup/crust. Make sure to press the roll evenly up the sides.
Psst: Check out this other mini pie recipe: Pecan Pie Bites
Step 3: Fill the little cups with the Apple Pie Filling.
Step 4: Bake at 375 degrees for 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. (And check out this Easy Chocolate Hummus recipe while you wait!)
Related recipe: Granny Smith Apple Crisp
Step 5: Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, and then gently remove cups from muffin tins.
Allow to cool almost completely, if you want the icing to stay white and firm (and pretty, like in the pictures). If you prefer a meltier icing drizzle, then pipe the icing onto the apple pies while they're warm.
Place the icing from both cans of Cinnamon rolls into one small pastry bag and pipe the icing on top of each one. Or for a fun grownup twist, drizzle this bourbon caramel sauce on top!
I hope you love these two-ingredient muffin tin apple pies as much as we did!
Here are a few other easy desserts you will love:
- 2 Ingredient pumpkin muffins
- Cheesecake cookie cups
- Puff pastry strawberry strudel
- Canned biscuit donuts
- Hot chocolate bombs
- Red velvet mug cakes
- Eggnog creme brulee - 3 ingredients!
- Apple toffee cake - this one is from scratch, if you prefer that kind of thing!
- Red velvet crinkle cookies - 4 ingredients!
- Perfect oatmeal cookies
- Triple chocolate cookies
- Dulce de leche wafer cakes - 3 ingredients and no bake!
And if you're in the mood for some festive holiday drinks, I got you covered too!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Mini Apple Pie Cups
- 2 containers Cinnamon rolls - such as Cinnabon or Pillsbury)
- 21 oz apple pie filling
- Cooking spray
- Piping bag (or zip-lock bag)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and place a cinnamon roll in each muffin space. Press the roll up down in the bottom and then up the sides of the muffin tin, to form a little cup/crust. Make sure to press the roll evenly up the sides.
- Fill the cups with apple pie filling, and bake at 375F for 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cook on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then gently remove cups from the muffin tin and allow to cool completely.
- Place the icing from both cans of cinnamon rolls in a small pastry bag (or a zip lock bag with a tiny piece of the tip cut off). Once the apple pie cups cool completely, pipe the icing on top. Enjoy!
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.