Make these Avocado Chicken Burgers for dinner tonight! They are flavorful, healthy, and lean and only take 30 minutes to prepare.
This post contains affiliate links.
We have a LOT of ground chicken in our freezer right now. It was on sale at Shoprite, and I got really excited and bought too many packages. I couldn't help it - it was ground chicken breast (so it's very lean), not just ground chicken which has chicken skin and other fatty parts combined with the lean meat.
I have big plans for all this ground chicken - I'm going to make chicken kofta kebabs, ground chicken tacos, etc. We're going to be eating chicken for a while.
Last night I made avocado chicken burgers. They were super easy to put together, and very healthy. These burgers are made from lean chicken breast and avocado. Sure, we ate them on a bun, but it was a small English muffin, not a huge bun. These burgers were so flavorful that we didn't even need to put cheese on them.
As we were eating them Aldo said that he's really enjoying the burgers I've been making lately - these chicken burgers turned out great, and the turkey guacamole burgers I made recently were also really good.
So I hope you get a chance to try these avocado chicken burgers. If you do, please leave a comment below or show off your photo on instagram and tag me: @babaganoshblog.
Avocado Chicken Burgers
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 garlic cloves , minced or pressed
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper , or to taste
- 1 avocado diced
- Burger fixings, such as buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet and cook the diced onion for 2 minutes, or until it turns translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, cooked onion and garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Gently fold in the avocado until well mixed.
- Form the chicken mixture into 6 burger patties. Wet your hands with cold water between patties to prevent the chicken from sticking to your hands.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in the same skillet, and add the burger patties. Brown the burgers on each side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer the pan into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the chicken burgers are fully cooked and the temperature inside is at least 165F.Remove from the oven, and allow the burger patties to cool while you assemble the burgers.
What other non-traditional burgers do you like?