You can't go wrong with this Bacon Roasted Vegetable Side Dish - a super easy one pan side dish that your whole family will love!
After I made the 30 Minute Pork and Vegetable Kebabs last week, I've been on a bacon kick. The kebabs turned out so good with so little effort, that I could not resist making a similar recipe of Bacon Roasted Vegetables. We try not to make a habit of eating bacon too often, but what if bacon is the answer to eating more vegetables??
It might be my pregnant irrational brain talking me into eating more bacon, but I swear we ate way more than the typical side dish serving of vegetables with this recipe, just because they were so irresistibly good and smoky.
Related recipe: Green Beans with Balsamic Glaze and Goat Cheese
This side dish is super easy to put together. We often make roasted vegetables to go with our dinner anyway, and just taking the extra minute to toss in some chopped bacon gives everything so much more flavor.
By the way, you might also love this Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetables in a lemon garlic sauce - perfect for tossing with pasta!
Bacon Roasted Vegetables Side Dish
- 2 small bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 (5 oz) container baby bella mushrooms
- olive oil spray
- 4 slices bacon , chopped
- Optional: salt & pepper , to taste
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers and chop the bell peppers into 1-2 inch pieces. Slice the zucchini into 1/3 inch slices. Cut the baby bella mushrooms in half if they are large.
- Toss all the vegetables and the chopped bacon into the prepared baking pan. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked and crispy and the vegetables are roasted to your liking. Carefully transfer to a large dish lined with a paper towel to absorb the bacon grease.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that Babaganosh would get a tiny commission if you purchase anything through these links, at absolutely no extra cost to you. This is a great way to support this blog so I can keep posting delicious recipes!