I am excited to partner with Rumiano Cheese again for this sponsored post just in time for Grilled Cheese Month! You NEED to get your hands on this saucy, cheesy BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
I made this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese with leftover chicken, and my oh my it came out so delicious. I used my Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken to make this sandwich, but it can also be made with leftover carnitas.
Related recipe: Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich
Rumiano Cheese was kind enough to provide me with cheese, and their organic, non-GMO mozzarella cheese was perfect in this sandwich. The BBQ chicken turned this sandwich into a complete meal. Or should I say a completely delicious meal. The BBQ sauce mixed in with the melted cheese was perfection, and Aldo kept telling me how good this sandwich was after every bite.
Related recipe: Pear and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
I am entering this BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese into the Rumiano Grilled Cheese Contest - here's hoping I win free cheese! You too can enter the contest here. If you enter the contest, I'd love if you dropped me a comment and let me know what your entry was! I am always looking to see new cheesy recipes.
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup cooked chicken (thighs or breasts, or a combination of both)
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 4 slices bread
- 4 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shred the cooked chicken with two forks and mix it with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on two pieces of bread. Top each mozzarella slice with 1/2 cup of BBQ chicken, then place another mozzarella slice on top and finish off with another slice of bread.
- Preheat a large skillet and melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Place the sandwiches on the skillet. Place something heavy on top of the sandwiches to press them together (a smaller skillet with two cans of beans works great!). Cook on one side for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese starts to melt. Remove the sandwiches from the skillet, add the remaining butter to the skillet, and carefully flip sandwiches to cook the other side for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Totally optional: If you wish, preheat a grill pan to high heat and place the sandwiches on the grill pan to get the nice grill marks.
- Slice in half and serve hot.
Before you go, check out these other
delicious cheesy recipes:
This post was sponsored by Rumiano Cheese. All opinions are my own.