Last updated on July 3rd, 2020.
This past weekend we went over to our friends’ house for dinner. It was awesome to catch up with them and watch their toddler daughter running around, learning to talk, and being all adorable. We had a really good time hanging out and grilling kielbasa and zucchini, eating dinner outdoors (a perk we don’t have in our apartment), and then playing games afterwards. We played Heads Up! and man, that is such a fun game! Especially the category where we get to act around – it is hilarious watching the recording of our acting after the round is over. I thought for sure my performance of speed skating was spot on, but watching it back… not so much ;P
I brought this broccoli ranch pasta salad for dinner and it was a big hit, and it is so easy to make. All the salad prep is done by the time the water for the pasta is done boiling, and then it’s just a matter of not overcooking the pasta, rinsing it with cold water, and tossing everything together. Easy peasy. And very colorful. You know how I love naturally colorful food!
Looking for other pasta salads and side dishes?
- Tuna pasta salad
- Coleslaw orzo salad
- Couscous salad with shrimp and vegetables
- No mayo potato salad with feta and olives
Broccoli Ranch Pasta Salad
Makes: 8+ servings. Total time: 25 minutes.
- 12 oz uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 large bell peppers (I used red and orange)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup Ranch dressing
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta al-dente according to the package directions. Drain and rinse in cool water.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare the salad: Chop the broccoli florets into small pieces and cook the broccoli in the microwave on medium for 4 minutes to steam them. Allow to cool.
Clean and remove sees and pith from the bell peppers, then chop them into small 1/4 inch pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chopped peppers, steamed broccoli, shredded cheeses, and cooked pasta. Add the Ranch dressing and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired (I only added pepper).
Chill the salad before serving.