Succulent, perfectly cooked shrimp, crispy bacon, and fresh veggies in this Keto-friendly Cajun Shrimp Salad. Topped with a homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing. Eating your veggies never tasted so good!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
This Cajun Shrimp Salad is was inspired by my amazing Cajun Shrimp and Vegetables Pasta recipe. I LOVE Cajun shrimp together with bacon, but I wanted to create a keto-friendly version of the dish with the same favorite flavors.
I really wanted to Cajun flavored shrimp to really be the star of this salad, so I used the biggest jumbo shrimp I could find. I LOVE biting into a jumbo piece of shrimp. You see how each shrimp is the same size as the avocado? Yea. Good stuff. But you can use regular large shrimp for this salad if you prefer bite-size pieces. It’s all good. 🙂
This salad is extra tasty thanks to both the Cajun seasoning and crispy bacon bits. Just a little bacon goes a long way to adding so much flavor to a dish without being too heavy on the calories. A bit of freshly shredded Parmesan cheese also helps everything taste so good.
The Cilantro Lime Dressing is my go-to dressing these days. It’s a great salad dressing to make for quick one or two serving salads. I love that it can be made in a tiny bowl and used all at once so it is super fresh.
All of this on top of a generous portion of greens, avocado, and tomatoes. This salad is a GREAT way to really enjoy your veggies without sacrificing amazing flavor. Give it a try for lunch or dinner!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Shrimp, obvs. Get raw shrimp instead of buying pre-cooked shrimp. It takes only a few minutes to cook shrimp and the flavor and texture is incomparable to pre-cooked shrimp.
- Cajun seasoning. Look for Cajun seasoning without added salt or other fillers. This way you can control the salt and the spice of your dishes separately. I love this Cajun seasoning from Healthy Solutions. It doesn’t have any salt or chemicals added to it. It’s just the right size to make several delicious recipes, but not big enough that it sits unused for years in your pantry and gets stale and flavorless. Plus it’s made by a small company started by a woman who wanted to make the best, healthiest spice mixes. I like that sort of thing!
- Fresh garlic, fresh lime juice. I am always writing about using freshly minced garlic and freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice for the freshest flavors in recipes. Powdered garlic and bottled lime juice just don’t have the same bright, vibrant flavors as the fresh stuff. And it only takes an extra minute to press garlic with a garlic press and squeeze your own lime juice. I’ve had this Oxo garlic press and Oxo citrus squeezer for years and they’re still working as good as new. I use them daily.
If you enjoyed this recipe or are thinking of making it, please leave a comment and a rating below!
Keto Cajun Shrimp Salad with Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing
Cajun Shrimp Salad
- 3 slices bacon , diced
- 6 raw jumbo shrimp (or 10 large shrimp), thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (see notes)
- 4 cups salad greens, such as baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1/2 avocado , sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese , or to taste
- 1/2 lime , for juicing
Homemade Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 lime (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Add the diced bacon pieces to a hot skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and crispy. Drain the bacon fat into a heatproof bowl (reserve for other recipes!). Remove the crispy bacon bits into a plate with a paper towel to absorb the extra fat.
- Toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning in a small bowl, and add to the heated skillet which still has a bit of bacon grease remaining. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp is fulled cooked. Squeeze some lime juice over the shrimp. Set shrimp aside.
- Assemble the salad. Place the sliced tomatoes and avocado on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with crispy bacon. Top with cooked Cajun shrimp. Shave some Parmesan over it. Drizzle with cilantro lime dressing.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the very finely chopped cilantro, juice of 1 whole lime, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grate 1 garlic clove into the dressing, and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Mix well, squeezing the cilantro into the dressing to release its flavor.