Hey y'all! I am excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes from the last month. This Cauliflower Chorizo Casserole with Mixed Beans is just the best.
Healthy cauliflower, spicy chorizo, hearty (and heart-healthy!) beans, all covered in yummy gooey cheese. It is perfection. Super easy to make and very filling, and I just can't get enough of it.
This recipe is sponsored by Randall Beans.
The Cauliflower Chorizo Casserole is amazing fresh out of the oven, and it's also great to take to lunch the next day as leftovers to enjoy the yummy goodness all over again.
I created this recipe for Randall Beans, and then I made it again... and then I've been experimenting with different versions of this casserole - substitute ground beef and taco seasoning instead of chorizo and chili, use kidney beans instead of mixed beans, use different cheese blends... the possibilities are endless, but the cauliflower has made an appearance in every version.
This is the kind of cooking I like the most - quick, easy, and very versatile. Once I have the recipe down, I can substitute some of the ingredients but still follow the same process and know that whatever I cook up will be delicious!
By the way, if you want to see all my cauliflower recipes, you can find them in one place here: Cauliflower Recipes
You might also love these other comfort food recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don't forget to save it for later on Pinterest:
Cauliflower Chorizo Casserole with Mixed Beans
- 1 lb cauliflower florets (½ large cauliflower, about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , finely diced
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 lb uncooked chorizo sausage , removed from casing
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 15-oz cans beans (mixed or white beans), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnish: extra sliced olives , chopped scallions, chopped cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets and microwave for 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, add the minced garlic and diced onion, and saute for 3 minutes. Add the chorizo sausage and allow to brown on all sides, breaking the chorizo up with a spatula as it cooks. Add the oregano and chili powder and continue to cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, or until the chorizo is fully cooked. Stir in the beans, sliced olives, and the cooked cauliflower florets.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2.5-quart casserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Top with sliced olives, if desired. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro leaves and scallions if desired. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and serve warm.