These juicy Chicken Burgers with Guacamole are a healthier alternative to greasy burgers and they have so much flavor. You'll love the guacamole spread on top of these chicken burgers, the flavor combination is amazing!
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
These chicken burgers come together in under 20 minutes, making them a perfect family-friendly meal, even on busy weeknights.
More ground chicken recipes to try: Chicken Swedish Meatballs
The trick to making juicy chicken burgers
Chicken burgers and turkey burgers have a reputation for being bland, dry, and boring. But it doesn't have to be this way!
I have a trick for how to make juicy chicken burgers that makes amazingly juicy, soft, flavorful burgers every time, even if you're starting with super lean ground chicken breast.
The trick is adding instant oats and an egg to the ground chicken mixture, as well as lots of seasonings. The combination of oats and egg mixed in with the ground chicken makes sure that the chicken is not dry and not rubbery.
For this recipe I use garlic powder and dried oregano to flavor the burgers. I often use fresh herbs in my cooking, but I actually prefer dried herbs for burgers because it is easier to really mix the seasonings into the meat, making sure every bite is flavorful.
Pairing chicken burgers with guacamole
I think guacamole is the PERFECT burger topping to replace cheese. It's so tasty, zingy, zippy, and loaded with healthy avocado fats. Guacamole is a healthier alternative to greasy cheese on a burger. Its vibrant flavor pairs perfectly with meats and with chicken.
This easy guacamole has just a few basic ingredients: Hass avocado, lime juice, diced onion, diced tomato, diced cilantro leaves, salt, and pepper.
I skipped the spice to make it super kid friendly, but if you want a little heat you can add a bit of diced jalapeño or red pepper flakes.
Using guacamole instead of cheese is one of the easy healthy swaps I made to make these delicious chicken burgers. The other healthier choices I made for these burgers are using oats instead of bread crumbs in the chicken mixture, and using chicken instead of beef for the burger patties.
I hope you get a chance to try these Chicken Burgers with Guacamole! When you do, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for more burger recipes?
Looking for more recipes using Mazola Corn Oil?
- Grilled shrimp and vegetable skewers with chimichurri sauce
- Green shakshuka with homemade garlic bread
- Skinny spaghetti squash chicken Alfredo
- Pan fried Brussels sprouts with turkey bacon and Parmesan
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Juicy Chicken Burgers with Guacamole
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup instant oats - or use plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - for cooking
- buns, sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, etc - for serving
- 1 Hass avocado - (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice - (from ½ lime)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves - finely diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion - finely minced
- 1 clove garlic - finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt - or to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño or red pepper flakes
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, instant oats, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl, and mix well, making sure to thoroughly incorporate the spices into the ground chicken mixture.1 lb ground chicken, 1 egg, ½ cup instant oats, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use your hands to form 4 chicken burger patties. Wet your hands with cold water in between forming each patty to make sure the patties don't stick to your hands. (See notes if you want to make 6 burgers).
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet, and carefully place the burgers in the hot oil, pressing down gently in the center with your hand to spread them out. Cook for 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat, or until the bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side, or until the internal temperature is at least 165F.1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepare the guacamole by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork and mix all the ingredients. Adjust salt to taste.1 Hass avocado, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, 1 tablespoon red onion, 1 clove garlic, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, Optional: 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño or red pepper flakes
- Toast the buns, and assemble the burgers, spooning a generous portion of guacamole over each burger.
- This recipe makes 4 large chicken burgers, or 6 thinner chicken burger patties. If making 6 patties, you might need to cook them in two batches or in two skillets.
- If making 6 patties, I recommend scaling up the guacamole recipe by 1.5 or 2x, to make sure there is enough guacamole for all 6 burgers.
- The nutrition facts are estimated for 4 burgers patties and guacamole divided evenly, and do not include buns or any other toppings.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.