Last updated on November 28th, 2018.
This Cinnamon Butterscotch Blondies recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Bake a batch of these Cinnamon Butterscotch Blondies with Cream Cheese Topping and enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
Just like that, summer is over and it is time for Fall baking. If you’re anything like me you’ve been perusing Pinterest for Fall baking recipes, looking up Halloween treats and costumes, and trying not to panic about making your first turkey for Thanksgiving.
Well, I can help you with that first one – Fall baking recipes. (Come back soon for some Halloween treats!) These cinnamon butterscotch blondies are my favorite out of all the desserts I’ve made recently. The warm cinnamon spice in the blondies dough goes perfectly with the creamy cheesecake topping, and I don’t even want to admit how many butterscotch chips I ate while working on this recipe – why are they so addicting??
There are two tricks to making sure these blondies come out perfect every time:
- Do not use any baking powder or baking soda – you want the blondies to be flat and nice & chewy instead of rising as they bake.
- Use Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer for the cream cheese topping. It gives the cream cheese layer an even creamier, silky taste and makes it Extra Extra easy to prepare! It’s a foolproof way to make a creamy cheesecake layer.
I paired these Cinnamon Butterscotch Blondies with a hot cup of coffee with Dunkin’ Donuts® Vanilla Creamer, because I need coffee in my life every chance I can get it (see recent posts about having a baby!). It’s awesome that I can bring home the experience and flavor of Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee, since most days I am at home with Elliot and don’t get to grab coffee on the way to work like I used to. Vanilla is my flavor of choice at the moment, and I love how easy it is to add to my coffee and enjoy the delicious flavor.
If you are a coffee purist, feel free to pair these cinnamon butterscotch blondies with a coffee made with Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer – which is made from real sugar, milk, and cream and gives your coffee a wonderful, smooth flavor. Just swirl it in and you’re good to go. Enjoy your coffee in the morning, or as a pick-me-up snack with these cinnamon butterscotch blondies. Or feel free to have the blondies for breakfast with your coffee – no one is judging! The combination of the cinnamon spiced blondies with a perfect cup of coffee is just a bit of heaven everyone should experience during their day.
All the ingredients for these blondies as well as the Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer are available at Walmart:
Pick them up and enjoy baking this awesome Fall dessert with your family!
Cinnamon Butterscotch Blondies with Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons), melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup butterscotch chips , divided
- 8 oz cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons cup Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer , divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to mix together the melted butter and light brown sugar. Add 1 egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well. Add the flour and continue mixing until a thick batter form. Stir in 1/2 cup butterscotch chips.
- In a large bowl (use a stand-up mixer if you have one!), add the softened cream cheese, Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer, and the remaining egg, and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into the baking dish lined with parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it to all the corners of the baking dish. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top and use a different spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the cream cheese layer all around. Bake 350 for 30-35 mins, or until the edges of the cream cheese topping are set and the center is only slightly jiggly, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without butterscotch dough. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer. Melt in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring carefully in between (the bowl will be hot like LAVA! Be careful!). Once you have a smooth butterscotch sauce (after about 1-2 minutes of total microwave time), use a spoon to drizzle the butterscotch sauce over the cream cheese topping. Cut into 16 squares. Store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.