Last updated on December 7th, 2018.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
This Crunchy Spicy Chicken Salad made with TABASCO® is the ULTIMATE chicken salad, with an addicting combination of flavors and textures in every bite. Serve in a sandwich or a wrap, or with crackers and tortilla chips for dipping!
Do you know what is a totally underrated food?
Most people think of chicken salad as a boring lunch idea. It’s usually served in a wrap or between two dry pieces of bread. It’s something you grab and go and hope it doesn’t get soggy by the time you get around to eating.
BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY, PEOPLE!
Enter the ultra flavorful, extra tasty Crunchy and Spicy Chicken Salad.
This chicken salad has a few special additions that make it absolutely irresistible and addicting. For one, the easy 3-ingredient dressing is made with TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce, which gives it an amazing smoky flavor and just enough spice to wake up your taste buds.
I also add a few finely chopped veggies to the salad – celery, red bell pepper, and scallions. These give the salad a nice crisp texture with every bite. Toasted chopped almonds are also mixed into the salad for a wonderful crunch.
This combination of flavors and textures is so good together that you won’t be able to stop eating this salad.
In this recipe I used the TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce, which has a wonderful smoky flavor which enhances the flavor of the chicken salad without overpowering the recipe.
Any of the TABASCO® Sauces would be great in this recipe. If you want a milder flavor you can use the Green Sauce that is made with Jalapeño peppers. It is the TABASCO® Sauce flavor that is the least spicy and is often used as a condiment for Mexican food. And of course, you cannot go wrong with the classic Red Sauce. It contains just three ingredients and is super versatile.
Every bottle of TABASCO® Sauce comes out of Avery Island, Louisiana, but it is the one condiment that can be found all over the world, adding flavor to virtually any type of cuisine.
I have friends who carry a bottle of TABASCO® around in their purse because they add hot sauce to EVERYTHING they eat. Crazy, right?? So I always make sure to have some on hand when we have guests over, so they can squirt a few (or a lot!) of the stuff on their food when they come over.
If you want more recipe inspiration using Tabasco® Sauces, check out their website full of recipes.
Let’s talk about when to serve this Chicken Salad:
This crunchy spicy chicken salad is perfect for many occasions!
- Game Day Meals and Snacks: Make a double batch of this salad for game day and serve it in a bowl. Make sure to grab some tortilla chips to serve with the chicken salad! You’ll love the crunchy combination.
- Easy Holiday Entertaining. Put out a bowl of this chicken salad with some crackers and crudites and let guests munch and mingle while you’re getting the rest of the food ready. Make sure to have extra TABASCO® around for those who want to add even more flavor to their appetizer.
- Packed school lunch or after school snack, if your kids like things spicy.
- Packed working lunch. Scoop some on a baby spinach salad, or put it in a wrap or between your favorite sliced bread. If you’re going the wrap or sandwich route, I recommend packing the salad and the bread separately and making your sandwich or wrap right before eating, so it doesn’t get soggy. Take the extra minute to do that and treat yourself to a much more enjoyable lunch.
Shop for this chicken salad recipe:
All the ingredients for this salad can be found in Walmart. The TABASCO® sauce is located in the condiments aisle. Look for the TABASCO® box instead of the bottle! You can use canned chicken or rotisserie chicken for this recipe, both of which are available at Walmart. And Walmart has a surprisingly great produce section. All the fruits and veggies I’ve ever picked up at Walmart are super fresh.
Use the Ibotta offer from now until December 31, 2018 to save $1 off any 5 oz or larger TABASCO® Sauce – any flavor!
For more recipe ideas using TABASCO® Sauce, visit their website.
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating below and save it on Pinterest!
This Crunchy Spicy Chicken Salad is the ULTIMATE chicken salad, with an addicting combination of flavors and textures in every bite. Serve in a sandwich or a wrap, or with crackers and tortilla chips for dipping!
- 2 10-oz cans chicken breast , drained
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 2 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2-3 teaspoons TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce (or more, to taste)
- Salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- TABASCO® Sauces for condiments
In a medium bow, combine all the ingredients from the chicken breast to the TABASCO® Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired (I skipped the additional salt and pepper).
Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or in a sandwich or wrap.
You can use any shredded or chopped chicken for this recipe - a rotisserie chicken would work great! You'll need about 2 cups of chicken.