Last updated on July 22nd, 2019.
This Crunchy Spicy Chicken Salad is the ULTIMATE chicken salad, with an addicting combination of flavors and textures in every bite. Serve in a sandwich or a wrap, or with crackers and tortilla chips for dipping!
This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Tabasco.
Do you know what is a totally underrated food?
Most people think of chicken salad as a boring lunch idea. It’s usually served in a wrap or between two dry pieces of bread. It’s something you grab and go and hope it doesn’t get soggy by the time you get around to eating.
BUT IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY, PEOPLE!
Enter the ultra flavorful, extra tasty Crunchy and Spicy Chicken Salad.
This chicken salad has a few special additions that make it absolutely irresistible and addicting. For one, the easy 3-ingredient dressing is made with a smoky chipotle pepper sauce from Tabasco, which gives it an amazing smoky flavor and just enough spice to wake up your taste buds.
I also add a few finely chopped veggies to the salad – celery, red bell pepper, and scallions. These give the salad a nice crisp texture with every bite. Toasted chopped almonds are also mixed into the salad for a wonderful crunch.
This combination of flavors and textures is so good together that you won’t be able to stop eating this salad.
Any of the TABASCO® Sauces would be great in this recipe. If you want a milder flavor you can use the Green Sauce which is made with jalapeño peppers.
Let’s talk about when to serve this Chicken Salad:
This crunchy spicy chicken salad is perfect for many occasions!
- Game Day Meals and Snacks: Make a double batch of this salad for game day and serve it in a bowl. Make sure to grab some tortilla chips to serve with the chicken salad! You’ll love the crunchy combination.
- Easy Holiday Entertaining. Put out a bowl of this chicken salad with some crackers and crudites and let guests munch and mingle while you’re getting the rest of the food ready. Make sure to have extra TABASCO® around for those who want to add even more flavor to their appetizer.
- Packed school lunch or after school snack, if your kids like things spicy.
- Packed working lunch. Scoop some on a baby spinach salad, or put it in a wrap or between your favorite sliced bread. If you’re going the wrap or sandwich route, I recommend packing the salad and the bread separately and making your sandwich or wrap right before eating, so it doesn’t get soggy. Take the extra minute to do that and treat yourself to a much more enjoyable lunch.
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating below and save it on Pinterest!
Crunchy Spicy Chicken Salad
- 2 10-oz cans chicken breast , drained
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 2 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 2-3 teaspoons TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce (or more or less, to taste)
- Salt and pepper , to taste (optional)
- In a medium bow, combine all the ingredients from the chicken breast through the Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired (I skipped the additional salt and pepper).
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or in a sandwich or wrap.