Make this super delicious Seafood Spread appetizer to serve over crusty baguettes. This will become everyone’s favorite party appetizer!
This Seafood Spread Appetizer pairs perfectly with some crisp white wine!
I cannot believe it’s December already. Just a few more weeks of work and then we are off for our winter shutdown. It is so nice that Aldo and I work at the same company and we both have the time between Christmas and New Year’s off.
It will be awesome to enjoy this holiday season after working on our house for the last month and a half. It will be so special to see our friends after literally not doing anything social for the last month – we’ve spent all our time in home improvement stores and in dusty construction clothes. I cannot wait until our house is finished and I can have people over for a house warming party, and just for entertaining in general. Even though we will not be ready to have people over for the holidays, I have been trying out a bunch of new recipes for entertaining.
One of the favorite appetizer recipes I have created recently is this Seafood Spread to serve on a crusty baguette. It is SO delicious, so easy to make, very impressive, and best of all? It is sophisticated and pairs perfectly with wine! The creamy, savory seafood spread made with chunks of shrimp and lump crab meat is spread over sliced baguettes and toasted in the oven for a few minutes to melt together the seafood spread and crisp up the baguette slices.
This recipe contains affiliate links, which means that Babaganosh gets a small commission if you purchase anything through these links, at no extra cost to you! It is a great way to support this blog so I can keep posting more delicious recipes.
Make this super delicious Seafood Spread Appetizer to serve over crusty baguettes. This will become everyone's favorite party appetizer!
- 8 oz shrimp , cleaned and deveined (about 10 jumbo shrimp)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove , finely grated
- 1 6-oz can lump crab meat ,drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves , finely chopped
- Optional: Pinch of red pepper flakes , to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and cook the shrimp about 2 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Set aside and chop into smaller pieces once the shrimp cools.
- While the shrimp cools, prepare the rest of the dish: In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the cream cheese for about 40 seconds, until it is softened but not fully melted. Add the Parmesan cheese, drained crab meat, grated garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Add the chopped cooked shrimp. Mix well.
Cut a baguette into 3/4 inch slices. Generously top each slice with about 1-2 tablespoons of the seafood spread. Cook for 4-5 minutes at 425F, or until the baguette is toasted and the seafood spread has softened. Top with additional parsley for garnish, if desired. Serve warm.