Eggnog Creme Brulee is the perfect dessert for the holiday season! This 3-ingredient recipe is super easy and delicious. Instructions are included for making this eggnog creme brulee in individual ramekins as well as a large family-style dessert dish.
This Eggnog Creme Brulee recipe is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and Reddi-wip®. All opinions are mine alone.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
With the holiday season coming up, I’ve been thinking of different ways to use everyone’s favorite holiday drink: eggnog.
The most obvious way would be to just chug it, endlessly, but I decided to get creative and I think I’ve come up with what might just be the greatest idea ever:
Eggnog Creme Brulee.
Just think about it – Creme Brulee dessert with its rich and creamy custardy center made with the rich taste of eggnog. Topped with a perfect crispy caramel crust – it is holiday dessert perfection!
And now top that with some whipped cream and you’ve got the perfect blend of flavors and textures in your mouth.
One of the best things about this recipe? It needs just 3 ingredients.
Eggnog, eggs, sugar. (Whipped cream is optional)
Mix, pour, bake, caramelize, top with whipped cream.
That is it. You are done.
Eggnog Creme Brulee is actually a very easy dessert to make, you just need a bit of time to let it bake in the oven. And after it cools down comes the fun part: using a culinary torch to caramelize the sugar topping!
My favorite part about this creme brulee recipe is that you can either make adorable individual portions in little ramekins, or make it in a large baking dish to serve family-style for everyone to dig into. This way everyone can take as much as they want and top their plates with as much whipped cream as they like.
I absolutely love this creme brulee recipe for the holidays.
This is a great dessert recipe for winter in general because you you get to turn the oven on for a while and can get nice and toasty at home.
If you have never made creme brulee before, you should definitely start with this super easy recipe.
3-Ingredient Eggnog Creme Brulee
- 4 cups eggnog
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, gently heat the eggnog until it is almost starting to simmer, stirring every few minutes.
- In a stand-up mixer, beat the egg yolks while the eggnog is heating. When the eggnog is heated, slowly add it to the egg yolks while keeping the mixer on.
To make individual eggnog creme brulee ramekins:
- Add 1/2 cup of the eggnog mixture to each ramekin (you'll need about 8-10 ramekins). Transfer the ramekins to a large baking dish/tray with high sides, filled halfway with water. Bake at 300F for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center still jiggles a little - it will set as it cools. Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool.
To make family-style eggnog creme brulee:
- Carefully pour the eggnog mixture into a ~1.5 qt oven-safe dish. Place the eggnog dish into a larger baking dish or tray filled halfway with water. Bake at 300F for about 90-110 minutes, or until the edges are set but the custard still jiggles in the center - it will set as it cools. Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool.
Caramelize the top:
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, coat the top with an even layer of sugar. Use a culinary torch to caramelize the sugar on top. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream.