Last updated on May 20th, 2020.
This delicious Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwich with pineapple and honey ham is made in 5 minutes using only 6 ingredients and will be a family favorite in no time! This recipe was compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
September is a busy month for most people – kids go back to school, families adjust to new schedules, work picks up in the office. Aldo and I have also been super busy – we are in the process of buying a house after looking for about a year. You would think that once you find the house you want, it gets easier but no, there is so much more to do! And on top of the things we actually have to do, such as applying for a mortgage and getting construction estimates, I spend about 90% of my free time on Pinterest looking at gorgeous kitchen options for this new house. You know how it goes.
Luckily I have an arsenal of quick summer sandwich recipes to keep us from getting hangry, such as this Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwich. This sandwich is very filling and delicious and best of all, it is put together in just 5 minutes. Just combine some grilled chicken, Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, delicious pineapple chunks, Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, and a chopped scallion. Serve on delicious whole grain bread (such as this multigrain bread from the Kneady Girl). It’s like a sandwich party in my mouth.
The soft, hearty, delicious Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Honey Wheat bread adds just a touch of sweetness and is the perfect vehicle for delivering the sweet-n-savory Hawaiian Chicken Salad into my mouth. Ham and pineapple are a classic combination, and using slow roasted honey ham from Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham just makes this sandwich the perfect combination of sweet and salty all in one bite.
This is a great recipe that can be doubled or tripled if needed to feed a crowd but can still be made in about 5 minutes to keep everyone’s bellies happy and keep everyone on track with their busy schedules.
Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 4 slices bread such as whole grain or whole wheat
- 2 oz ham (4-6 slices), chopped into pieces
- 1.5 cups chicken breast cooked, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks , roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 scallion , chopped
- Optional: lettuce, tomato slices
- Combine the chopped ham, shredded chicken breast, drained pineapple chunks, mayonnaise, and chopped scallion in a large bowl and mix well. Top 2 slices of bread with about half the Hawaiian Chicken Salad mixture and top with the remaining bread slices. Add lettuce and tomato, if using. Cut in half diagonally and serve immediately.