Enjoy this delicious and refreshing Honey Ginger Limeade on a hot day! Perfect for summer cookouts and picnics. This recipe can be doubled for a larger party.
Most of the year I am perfectly content drinking water. But as soon as it gets warm, I just crave something sweet, something citrusy, something more refreshing than water.
So I get creative with all kinds of iced tea recipes, lemonades, and limeades. This is my favorite limeade flavor combination: Honey ginger limeade.
Related recipe: Cherry Limeade
Honey ginger limeade
The flavor combination of honey, ginger, and lime is pretty unique, but I love it. The sour citrus flavor of the lime is perfectly balanced by honey, a natural sweetened. And the ginger adds a little spice. Just enough to prevent you from gulping a whole quart of this stuff down in one sitting. The ginger also provides digestive benefits, so that's a huge plus in my book too.
Fresh lime juice
I recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice for the freshest flavor for this limeade. It is just way better than bottled stuff from concentrate. I use this citrus squeezer from OXO when I have to squeeze a whole bunch of limes and lemons, it makes life so much easier.
To grate ginger, I usually use a microplane zester, such as this one. This kind of zester is pretty sharp and has no problem grating tough ginger root. I mean, look at the reviews on this thing. Over 7,000 5-star reviews. Enough said.
Another option to add ginger flavor and honey to this limeade is to simply make a batch of honey ginger syrup and sweeten the limeade with the syrup!
Related recipe: Cherry Lemonade
Hosting a party?
Double this recipe! It can easily be made for a crowd. You can always double it and leave half without ginger and half with ginger, so that your guests can choose their preference.
Serve this limeade with fresh sliced of limes or mint leaves for a little something extra.
Related recipe: Green Iced Tea with Mint
Honey can get expensive...
If you want to make this limeade a bit cheaper (especially if you're doubling or tripling the recipe), you have a few options:
- Substitute the honey with agave syrup. Agave definitely has its own flavor so only do this if you already like and use agave syrup
- Use half the honey and about 1/3 cup sugar as a replacement (adjust to taste)
- Use this honey instead of fancy local organic honey which can get really pricey. This bottle is a nice size and very affordable, it will last a while.
Enjoy this delicious, refreshing summer Honey Ginger Limeade!
Looking for other refreshing delicious drinks and easy summer recipes?
- Bonefish Grill's watermelon martini
- Cucumber lemonade
- Papaya shake
- Mulberry mojito
- Mulberry iced tea
- Chocolate whipped coffee
- Watermelon salad
- Fruit salad with honey lime dressing
- No-bake key lime pie cheesecake dip
- Coffee breakfast smoothie
Did you enjoy this recipe?? Let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don't forget to share this with a friend and save it for later on Pinterest:
Honey Ginger Limeade
- 1 cup lime juice - (about 6 limes)
- 1/2 cup honey - or more to taste (see notes)
- 5 cups cold water
- 1-2 inch piece of ginger - , peeled and grated (to taste)
- Combine the lime juice, honey, and water in a large pitcher or bowl. Use a fine grater to grate the ginger into the limeade.
- If you prefer, you can strain the limeade through a fine sieve to strain out the grated ginger. Chill the limeade in a refrigerator, or serve over ice.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.
Sunday 19th of June 2022
Delicious! Very hydrating. Love the kick of ginger, which I strained as you suggested. I’ve already made it twice and will be a new summer staple.
Friday 24th of June 2022
Awesome! So glad to hear!
Little Cooking Tips
Wednesday 26th of August 2015
Yummy! We don't drink much ourselves, but this one looks like a great 'exception' to our non-drinking everyday life:) It was a great summer indeed, we are preparing to find a new place in order to live together ourselves, so we're very excited:) Have a great day, and a great Fall and Winter! Panos and Mirella