This gorgeous Butternut Squash Beet Soup cooks in 8 minutes in the Instant Pot. This twist on the classic Fall soup will quickly become your favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
Remember that enormous butternut squash I mentioned? It’s been a gift that keeps on giving. I’ve made this Thanksgiving Stuffing, Roasted Vegetable Fettuccine, and this is the third recipe I am posting using that ginormous squash: Butternut Squash Beet Soup made in my beloved Instant Pot.
This Fall soup is such a gorgeous color thanks to the beets. The beets also add even more vitamins and antioxidants than regular ol’ butternut squash soup. This soup is super easy to make in the Instant Pot. To tell the truth, it would cook quickly on a stove-top too, but I love my instant pot because I don’t have to make sure all the squash and beets are completed covered in liquid for the chunks to cook. They cook in the Instant Pot whether they are submerged or not. I also don’t have to keep an eye on the soup – just turn it on and walk away!
This soup can easily be vegan: instead of using sour cream for the swirly garnish, just scoop off a tablespoon of the solid part of the coconut milk and use that as a garnish on your plate.
Shop for this Butternut Squash Beet Soup recipe:
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Beet Soup
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 - 1.5 lb)
- 1 lb beets (about 3 medium beets)
- 1 14-oz can light coconut milk (see notes below)
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- Salt & pepper , to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh thyme , sour cream, or coconut cream (see notes below)
- Peel the butternut squash and beets. Remove the seeds from the butternut squash. Cut the butternut squash and the beets into ~1.5 inch cubes.
- Add the butternut squash, beets, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and salt and pepper to the Instant Pot. Cook on manual at high pressure for 8 minutes. Use manual pressure release when the Instant Pot is done cooking.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Add additional water if you prefer a thinner soup. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot, garnishing with fresh thyme, sour cream, or coconut cream.