Your family will fall in love with this One-Pan Linguine Shakshuka Bake with fresh mozzarella. Hearty, comforting, delicious, and easy to make!
This recipe was sponsored by Bertolli, and I am so excited to share it with you!!
A couple of weeks ago I attended a dinner event in the city to celebrate the new Bertolli Rustic Cut Pasta Sauces. It was a food blogger's dream come true!
I got to meet a bunch of awesome food and lifestyle bloggers, enjoy an evening of cocktails, good wine, hors d'oeuvres (okay seriously, does anyone know how to spell that without googling?), and enjoy a delicious dinner that I didn't have to cook!
Related recipe: White Bean Shakshuka with Feta
The event was in a gorgeous location at the Gramercy Park Hotel. When we sat down for dinner, we were served a Tuscan Salad, Roasted Branzino, Chicken Cacciatore, Cavatelli with roasted veggies, and a Mascarpone & Parmesan Polenta. Dessert was Tiramisu with fresh berries and cream. I loved how creative all the dishes were.
I was inspired by dishes served during dinner and wanted to create a special recipe for my blog using one of the Bertolli sauces. So this One-Pan Linguine Shakshuka Skillet with Mozzarella is the result!
I love using eggs as the protein in my cooking, and it doesn't get easier or more delicious than shakshuka.
Related recipe: Green Shakshuka
Never had shakshuka?? Oh, you're missing out.
Shakshuka is a Middle Eastern dish of eggs baked / poached in tomato sauce and it is amaaaazing because you can cook the eggs to your liking and can add whatever flavor you want to the tomato sauce.
In this version, I use a marinara sauce to give the dish all the flavor the dish needs. I bake the eggs over linguine, and throw in some fresh mozzarella for good measure. This shakshuka is seriously delicious and you seriously need to try it. Seriously.
Related recipe: Red Lentils with Poached Eggs
I used the Bertolli Rustic Cut Marinara Sauce that has hearty chunks of thick-cut vegetables in it. I love the flavor and texture it gives me dishes. You can use your favorite marinara or pasta sauce for this dish.
This Linguine Shakshuka Skillet recipe is very easy to make but tastes like a million bucks - don't skip the fresh mozzarella slices! This dish is absolutely delicious and makes the perfect comfort food. It is one of our favorite dinners lately, and I hope you will enjoy this recipe too!
If you liked this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments! And don't forget to leave a rating in the recipe card and share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! 🙂
One-Pan Linguine Shakshuka Bake with Mozzarella
- 16 oz linguine - uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste - (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 24-oz jars marinara sauce, or your favorite pasta sauce
- 6 eggs
- Salt & pepper - , to taste
- 6 thick slices fresh mozzarella
- Optional garnish: 1 tablespoon herbs such as parsley - , green onion, or basil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add 4 cups of water, salt, and olive oil to a 12-inch oven-safe skillet and bring to a boil. Add the linguine and cook stirring frequently for about 6 minutes, or as long as the packaging instructs. Turn off heat when the linguine is al dente. It's OK if there is a little bit of water remaining. If there is a lot of water - drain it carefully before proceeding to the next step.
- Stir in one jar or marinara sauce. Pour the second jar of marinara sauce on top.
- Make 6 'nests' in the sauce and carefully crack an egg into each well. Season eggs with salt & pepper. Place 6 slices mozzarella around the eggs.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking, the sauce is bubbling, and the mozzarella is melted. Carefully remove from heat and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve hot.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.