Last updated on September 16th, 2018.
In this post I’ll show you how to make a gorgeous Lox Appetizer Platter with a lox Greek yogurt dip, lox bagel bites, and tasty lox & cucumber bites. You can use store bought lox or my easy recipe for homemade lox for this appetizer platter.
This Lazy Susan tray used in this recipe was provided by Uncommon Goods. Thanks! 🙂
This Homemade Lox recipe on my blog is one of my most popular recipes ever, and with good reason – lox is delicious. Lox is expensive to buy but it is actually really easy to make at home.
Ever since I’ve perfected my lox recipe I have never bought the ridiculously expensive nitrate-filled pre-packaged lox from the grocery store.
I regularly make lox to eat for weekend breakfast: hello lox scrambled eggs, and English muffins with cream cheese and lox!
But this time I wanted to make something a little different – a lox appetizer platter that is perfect for parties and entertaining.
And here’s the thing about lox… people LOVE it. The lox appetizers are always the first to go when we have people over.
This appetizer platter is super impressive because it looks all fancy and exotic thanks to the lox, capers, and the homemade lox veggie dip.
But in reality, it is so easy to put together. It only requires a few ingredients that are used in several different ways.
This platter has a great flavor combination: salty lox, zesty yogurt dip, crunchy cucumber, crispy bagel bites, and creamy yogurt dip. It’s got a little bit of something for everyone.
And the best part? It is actually pretty healthy. Yes, lots of veggies, protein, and healthy fish oils in this platter.
You can even go totally low-carb and skip the bagel chips (though I am certainly not recommending this).
I highly recommend using my easy lox recipe to make your own lox for this appetizer platter! It is super easy to make lox at home and just takes a bit of planning ahead since it takes 2-3 days for the lox to cure in the fridge.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest! And please leave a rating in the recipe card below.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
Lox Appetizer Platter
- 9 oz lox (smoked salmon) thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt fat free or low fat
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/4 lemon (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Salt & pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1/2 English cucumber , thinly sliced
- 5 oz bagel chips (or your favorite crackers)
- Optional garnish: more dill and/or capers
- Fresh veggies - sliced bell peppers, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- Strain the Greek yogurt in a colander lined with a paper towel for 15-20 minutes while you prepare everything else. Discard the whey.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Add the strained yogurt and mix well. You will use half of this mixture for topping cucumbers and bagel chips, and the rest to make a yummy salmon dip.
- Top cucumber slices and bagel chips with about 1/2 teaspoon of the yogurt mixture. Add a small slice of lox to each cucumber and bagel chip. Garnish with dill and capers, if desired.
- Finely chop the remaining lox and add to the remaining yogurt dip. Mix well. Drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with capers, if desired. Serve dip with bagel chips and vegetables for dipping.