Make a gorgeous Lox Appetizer Platter with a lox Greek yogurt dip, lox bagel bites, and tasty lox & cucumber bites. It will be the star of any party.
You can use store bought lox or my easy recipe for homemade lox for this appetizer platter.
This Lazy Susan tray used in this recipe was provided by Uncommon Goods. Thanks, it is super handy! 🙂
This exact lazy susan is not available anymore, but you can find a few really nice inexpensive appetizer trays here on Amazon:
This Homemade Lox recipe on my blog is one of my most popular recipes ever, and with good reason - lox is delicious. Lox is expensive to buy but it is actually really easy to make at home.
Ever since I've perfected my lox recipe I have never bought the ridiculously expensive nitrate-filled pre-packaged lox from the grocery store.
I regularly make lox to eat for weekend breakfast: hello lox scrambled eggs, and English muffins with cream cheese and lox!
But this time I wanted to make something a little different - a lox appetizer platter that is perfect for parties and entertaining.
Lox appetizer platter
This lox platter is made up of the following appetizers:
- Cucumber lox bites
- Lox and bagel bites
- Creamy lox dip
- Fresh veggies for dipping
- Bagel bites for dipping (or you can use any crackers)
There are lots of flavor combinations in this platter - creamy, salty, zesty, crunchy, crispy... and ALL DELICIOUS.
It's mostly healthy, and a great low carb option if you or any guests are looking for healthier appetizer options.
By the way, if you're looking for more low carb lox recipes, check out my list of Keto Smoked Salmon Recipe ideas - lots of appetizers and main dish ideas there!
A party platter made to impress
This appetizer platter is super impressive because it looks all fancy and exotic thanks to the lox, capers, and the homemade lox yogurt dip for veggies.
But in reality, it is so easy to put together. It only requires a few ingredients, but these ingredients are used in several different ways to make this lox platter look fancy.
These lox appetizers are always the first to disappear at any party! People love this stuff.
It's all about the presentation!
These lox appetizers can be served in bowls, but they look very impressive when served on a large platter. Here are two beautiful options from Amazon. I'm actually kind of shocked about how inexpensive these are!
Looking for other lox recipes?
Looking for more easy appetizer ideas?
- 3 ingredient kielbasa appetizer
- 3 ingredient salami appetizer
- Roasted grape crostini with blue cheese
- 20 minute cilantro lime shrimp
- More Easy Party Appetizers
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest! And please leave a rating in the recipe card below.
Lox Appetizer Platter
- 9 oz lox (smoked salmon) thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt fat free or low fat, unsweetened
- ¼ cup dill finely chopped
- zest of ½ lemon
- juice of ¼ lemon (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Salt & pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
- ½ large cucumber , thinly sliced
- 5 oz bagel chips (or your favorite crackers)
- Optional garnish: more dill and/or capers
- Fresh veggies - sliced bell peppers, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- Strain the Greek yogurt in a colander lined with a paper towel for 15-20 minutes while you prepare everything else. Discard the whey.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Add the strained yogurt and mix well. You will use half of this mixture for topping cucumbers and bagel chips, and the rest to make a yummy salmon dip.
- Top cucumber slices and bagel chips with about ½ teaspoon of the yogurt mixture. Add a small slice of lox to each cucumber and bagel chip. Garnish with dill and capers, if desired.
- Finely chop the remaining lox and add to the remaining yogurt dip. Mix well. Drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with capers, if desired. Serve dip with bagel chips and vegetables for dipping.