These Mediterranean Pita Nachos are a must-try! All the delicious flavors of the Mediterranean in a delicious platter with heart-healthy chickpeas, feta cheese, fresh veggies and herbs, all topped with a yummy hummus sauce. This recipe is sponsored by Randall Beans.
This post contains affiliate links.
Sooo apparently football season started! Shows you how much I follow football, haha. Even though I don’t watch too much football, I do love relaxing Sunday afternoons with good company and good snacks. This Mediterranean Nachos recipe that I created for Randall Beans is perrrrfect for football Sunday snacking! It’s a nice change from the typical football snacking (which I love too!), because it features healthier pita chips, filling and heart-healthy garbanzo beans and hummus, and even fresh veggies. And the flavor? It’s out of this world! All the goodness of Mediterranean snacks on one platter. The crunchiness and all the delicious flavors together in one bite are irresistible, and the sriracha hummus sauce drizzle takes it over the top.
The Mediterranean Nachos can be shared with a large group as an appetizer, or split between a few of your favorite people for a more filling snack.
If you are looking for new recipes to impress your family and friends for football watching or parties, you should really give this Mediterranean Nachos recipe a try!
- 1.5 cups Chickpeas (one 14-oz can), drained and rinsed
- Juice of ¼ lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tahini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha , or chili sauce of your choice (use more or less to taste)
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- Salt & pepper to taste (about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 8-oz bag pita chips
- 1.5 cups Chickpeas (one 14-oz can)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled or chopped
- 1/2 cup olives , sliced
- 4 tablespoons parsley leaves , chopped
- Add all the ingredients for the Hummus Sauce to a small food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Arrange the pita chips on a large platter (or split evenly between two dinner plates). Top with chickpeas, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, and olives.
- Drizzle with Hummus Sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with extra hummus sauce and sriracha.
Notes: The hummus sauce and the pita chip platter can be prepared separately in advance. It is best to drizzle the pita chips with hummus sauce right before serving.
- If you want to make a pretty drizzle pattern, put the hummus sauce into a plastic ketchup/mustard squeeze bottle and cut off the tip so that the opening is wider.