If you love Chicken Tikka Masala, then you're going to want to make this Tikka Masala Pizza with Naan bread! This pizza takes less than 10 minutes to put together and transforms leftover tikka masala into the most delicious Indian-inspired pizza.
I use naan bread instead of traditional pizza crust for this pizza because oft, oven-toasted naan makes the BEST pizza crust. I top this pizza with a drizzle of yogurt, which is optional but soo good to take the heat off the sauce!
Related recipe: Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Kebabs
Use leftover tikka masala sauce for pizza
Our favorite Indian restaurant always gives us so much tikka masala sauce that we never finish it in one night. But my frugal self just can't throw out delicious lick-your-plate-worthy sauce, so I came up with this Naan Tikka Masala Pizza!
This pizza works great whether you have leftover chicken in the tikka masala sauce, or just some sauce left over. Either way, it's SO GOOD!
Related recipe: Paneer Satay with Peanut Sauce
Naan bread pizza
We always order extra naan bread with this pizza recipe in mind, but store-bought naan works just as well for this recipe because baking the naan bread transforms it into the tastiest, softest, slightly-chewy, just-like-it-should-be pizza crust.
After having naan pizza, you'll wonder why not ALL pizza is made with naan!
And of course, you can use jarred tikka masala sauce with store-bought naan if you suddenly get a craving for some tikka masala pizza, and you can add some cooked chicken to the pizza as well.
Related recipe: Naan Shrimp Pizza
For the pizza:
- 2 whole large naan breads
- 1 cup tikka masala sauce (see notes)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (optional, if using cooked chicken see notes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ onion, thinly sliced (otpional)
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more as needed
For the yogurt drizzle and to serve:
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons water, or as needed
- Fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) for garnish
Ingredient notes and tips
→ This recipe comes out delicious whether you use leftover chicken tikka masala, or simply mix together jarred sauce and cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast. If you're using cooked chicken breast instead of leftover chicken tikka, I recommend adding a little curry powder to season the chicken more.
→ The sliced onion is totally optional, but I like the little crunch that it adds, plus it cooks down a little while the pizza bakes and gives it a nice subtle onion-y flavor.
Related recipe: Greek Pizza from Scratch
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the naans on a large baking tray.
Step 2: Optional step, if you're using regular cooked chicken breast: In a bowl, mix together the cooked chicken with the curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 3: Add the thinly sliced onion and tikka masala sauce, and mix well.
Step 4: Divide the chicken tikka masala mixture over the two naan breads. Top with shredded cheese.
Step 5: Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, the naan is lightly toasted, and the pizza is heated through.
Step 6: In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with 1-2 tablespoons water and mix well. Add more water if you want a thinner yogurt to drizzle. Spoon the yogurt over the warm pizza, and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves to serve.
Related recipe: Pesto Pizza with Fresh Tomatoes
Looking for more easy pizza and flatbread recipes?
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Tikka Masala Pizza on Naan Bread
- 2 large naan breads - (leftover or store-bought)
- 1 cup tikka masala sauce - (leftover or store-bought)
- 1 cup cooked chicken - chopped or shredded, see notes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder - (optional, see notes)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- ½ onion - thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese - or more as needed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons water - or as needed
- fresh cilantro leaves - (coriander leaves) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the naans on a large baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked chicken with the curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the thinly sliced onion and tikka masala sauce, and mix well.
- Divide the chicken tikka masala mixture over the two naan breads. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through. Garnish with fresh cilantro and yogurt drizzle.
- Prepare the yogurt drizzle: stir together the yogurt and 2 tablespoons water to make a thin yogurt sauce. Add more water, if desired. Use a spoon to drizzle the sauce over the pizza and garnish with fresh cilantro to serve.
- If using leftover chicken tikka masala, you don't need to add curry powder to the chicken. If using cooked "plain" chicken breast, season it with some curry powder and salt & pepper before combining with tikka masala sauce.
- This recipe also works great with tofu or other protein of choice.
- Want more veggies? Add a handful of baby spinach sauce under the tikka sauce and it will wilt down as the pizza bakes.
- The sliced onion is totally optional, but I like the little crunch that it adds.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.