Last updated on April 18th, 2018.
So here I was, going about my day, when all of a sudden I learn that it is National Pizza Day! I had no plans of eating pizza today – we stuffed ourselves with pizza during the Super Bowl. Yet I knew Aldo would be disappointed if I mentioned that it was National Pizza Day and we had no pizza plans.
I had to think, and I had to think quickly. Aha! We have leftover Indian food! And we have cheese! Pizza is the perfect way to give my chicken tikka masala a makeover.
This recipe is great because it can be made vegetarian or not, depending on your preference. You can use tikka masala sauce from a jar (vegetarian), or use leftover chicken tikka masala (clearly not vegetarian). I shredded up the cubed chicken from the tikka masala and mixed it in with the sauce before spreading it over the naan. And just like that – the most delicious 20 minute dinner you can have.
Garlic Naan Tikka Masala Pizza
- 2 large pieces garlic naan (regular naan is OK too)
- 1 cup tikka masala sauce with or without chicken
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used a mixture of cheddar, havarti, and parmesan)
- Optional garnish: chopped scallions or cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the garlic naans on a large baking tray. For each naan, add half the ingredients in the following order: tikka masala sauce, baby spinach, cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, the spinach is wilted, and the pizza is heated through. Garnish with scallions and/or cilantro.