So here I was, going about my day, when all of a sudden I learn that it is National Pizza Day! I had no plans of eating pizza today - we stuffed ourselves with pizza during the Super Bowl. Yet I knew Aldo would be disappointed if I mentioned that it was National Pizza Day and we had no pizza plans.
I had to think, and I had to think quickly. Aha! We have leftover Indian food! And we have cheese! Pizza is the perfect way to give my chicken tikka masala a makeover.
This recipe is great because it can be made vegetarian or not, depending on your preference. You can use tikka masala sauce from a jar (vegetarian), or use leftover chicken tikka masala (clearly not vegetarian). I shredded up the cubed chicken from the tikka masala and mixed it in with the sauce before spreading it over the naan. And just like that - the most delicious 20 minute dinner you can have.
Looking for more easy pizza and flatbread recipes?
- Shrimp naan pizza
- Grilled naan bread pizza
- Pesto pizza with the 2 ingredient pizza dough
- Greek pizza
- Balsamic onion, fig, and goat cheese flatbread
- Spinach and artichoke flatbread with roasted red peppers
- Breakfast flatbread
Garlic Naan Tikka Masala Pizza
For the pizza:
- 2 large naan breads
- 1 cup tikka masala sauce (see notes)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken chopped or shredded (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese or as needed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons water or as needed
- fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the garlic naans on a large baking tray. In a bowl, mix together the cooked chicken with the curry powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the thinly sliced onion and tikka masala sauce, and mix well.
- Divide the chicken tikka masala mixture over the two naan breads. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through. Garnish with fresh cilantro and yogurt drizzle.
- Prepare the yogurt drizzle: stir together the yogurt and 2 tablespoons water to make a thin yogurt sauce. Add more water, if desired. Use a spoon to drizzle the sauce over the pizza.