Make this delicious No-Mayo Potato Salad with Feta and Olives and a zesty lemony dressing as a side dish for dinner or a barbecue.
If you love the flavors of feta cheese and olives together, you're going to LOVE this potato salad!
This no-mayo potato salad is a favorite for summer barbecues, picnics, and all kinds of outdoor gatherings. It has creamy, delicious feta cheese and salty, satisfying olives to give it lots of flavor.
This potato salad is perfect for mayo haters, and it can even be made vegan by using this amazing vegan feta cheese recipe.
Related recipe: Instant Pot Potato Salad
Baby red potatoes
I like using baby red potatoes for this potato salad because they boil quickly and require less chopping - just chop them in half or into quarters and you have perfect potato salad pieces.
Of course, feel free to use any potatoes you like! And if you need more young potato recipes, try these Za'atar Roasted Young Potatoes.
Related recipe: Spanish Style Potato Calamari Salad
Easy lemony mayo-free dressing
This potato salad is seasoned with a nice olive oil (I love this one!) and a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Since potatoes are so bland on their own, they can really take on a lot of seasonings, such as lemon juice and salt, and they really come out delicious and fresh tasting this way.
And don't forget to zest your lemon before you squeeze it! This microplane zester makes it super easy to zest lemons and limes. The olives also add some rich umami salty goodness to this potato salad. I used a combination of green and black olives, just to add more color to this salad.
This potato salad is fantastic as a side dish for barbecuing (by the way, see some of my favorite summer cookout recipes on my Labor Day Menu page!).
Here are some of my favorite summer bbq and picnic recipes to serve with this potatoes:
- Shrimp and vegetable skewers with chimichurri sauce
- Pork and vegetable kebabs
- BEST chicken marinade
- Coleslaw orzo salad
- Venison burgers
- Chicken burgers with guacamole (the guacamole recipe alone is amazing!)
- Key lime pie cheesecake dip
However you decide to serve this no mayo potato salad, I hope you love it! If you end up making it, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for more easy party salads?
- Broccoli ranch pasta salad
- Broccoli salad with bacon cranberries
- Tuna pasta salad
- Calamari salad with bell peppers
- Shrimp and vegetable couscous salad
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
No Mayo Potato Salad with Feta and Olives
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup olives
- 4 oz feta cheese - , cubed or crumbled
- 2 scallions - , chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves - , chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon - (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt & pepper - , to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork-tender. Remove from water and allow to cool while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients from the cooked potatoes to the lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper, and mix well. Serve warm or place in the fridge for an hour if you prefer it chilled.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.