Last updated on April 17th, 2018.
Make a double batch of these super addicting Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies – you won’t regret it!!
You’re going to love these sweet & salty, chewy & crunchy Oatmeal Craisin Pecan cookies. I brought a huge batch in to work and they were devoured! The oatmeal base gives the cookies a wonderful chewy texture, the craisins add a bit of tart sweetness, and the pecans add a salty, crunchy, nutty flavor that makes these cookies absolutely addicting!
For my last day at my old job I wanted to bring cookies for my department. I knew I needed a cookie recipe that was super easy since I wanted to make 5 dozen cookies, go grocery shopping, and go to the gym that evening. Ambitious, I know.
After perusing Pinterest for a while (and getting so overwhelmed – does that happen to you sometimes??), I remembered that one of my co-workers brought in the most amazing oatmeal raisin cookies one day. I asked him for the recipe and he said ”it’s just the recipe on the Quaker oats box, I think they’re called ‘vanishing cookies’ or something.”
I decided I will make the vanishing cookie recipe, but with a twist – so I made oatmeal craisin pecan cookies instead. I love nuts in my desserts because they come out all toasted and delicious after baking, and my favorite nuts for baking are pecans. There is just something absolutely irresistible about cookies made with pecans.
These cookies turned out awesome – apparently my coworkers also think that adding craisins and pecans to oatmeal cookies are a great idea! (That, or people at work will eat anything, haha).
I hope you will try my twist on the traditional oatmeal raisin cookie and give these Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies a try!
Oatmeal Craisin Pecan Cookies
Makes: 30 cookies. Total time: 25 minutes.
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar (dark brown can be used)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick, 1 minute, or instant)
- 2/3 cup craisins
- 2/3 cup crushed pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a very large cookie sheet, or two medium-large ones.
2. In a large bowl, use a whisk to cream together the melted butter and the sugar, until they are well combined and the butter is no longer separated from the sugar.
2. Add 2 eggs and vanilla, and whisk together until fully combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk together.
4. Add the oatmeal. Using a fork, mix everything together really well.
5. Add the craisins and the pecans, and mix them into the cookie dough.
6. Using a tablespoon measure, place neat mounds of cookie dough about 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet. Gently press down a bit to flatten them just a little.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn golden brown around the edges and are fully cooked. I found that the cookies that were nicely toasted on the bottom tasted the best.
8. Remove from oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes before using a spatula to remove them from the cookie sheet. If you try too soon they will crumble and fall apart!