You read that right. Peanut Butter Bacon Rice Krispies Treats. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty! If you're into sweet and savory snacks, you're going to love these unique rice krispies treats. They're ooey, gooey, and absolutely irresistible.
For this recipe, I took the classic rice krispies treat and added 2 amazing ingredients that make everything better: bacon and peanut butter powder. These simple additions take these rice krispies treats to the next level.
Related recipe: Peanut Butter Jelly Cookies
Bacon in desserts
If you've never added bacon to sweets, you're in for a treat. The salty, smoky flavor that bacon adds goes perfectly with rice krispies treats. Think of it as the new salted caramel - and we all love that combination of salt and caramel, don't we?
Just make sure to cook the bacon first, we want nice crispy bacon bits in these rice krispies treats!
Related recipe: Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich
Peanut butter rice krispies treats
Trust me when I say that adding peanut butter to rice krispies treats it just about the best thing ever.
This recipe uses peanut butter powder instead of peanut butter to save a bit on the calories and fat, but it still has that indulgent creamy peanut butter flavor. I discovered peanut butter powder just recently, and I am obsessed with it. You see, they remove the fat from roasted peanuts and then grind it up into powder... so you still get all the amazing peanut flavor but it is much healthier for you.
If you don't want to get peanut butter powder just for this recipe, you can skip the butter and use 6 tablespoons of your favorite peanut butter instead. But trust me when I say that the peanut butter powder is such a great ingredient to have in your pantry! Add it to your oatmeal, yogurt, or make this peanut butter fruit dip with it!
But enough yadda yadda, let's make some peanut butter rice krispies!!
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-oz bag of marshmallows (or mini marshmallows)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter powder (see notes above for substitutions)
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
You'll also need:
- An 8x8 inch pan (or a 9x13 inch pan, if you prefer a thinner rice krispie treat)
- A silicone spatula
- A large pot
- Cooking spray
Step 1: In a large pot, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure the heat is low so that the sugar from the marshmallows does not burn. When the mixture is mostly melted, add the peanut butter powder and mix well, until the mixture turns a light peanut butter color and the marshmallows are fully melted.
Step 2: Stir in the rice krispies cereal and mix well until the entire mixture is coated in peanut butter marshmallows. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
Step 3: Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray, or brush with oil or butter. Transfer the rice krispies mixture into the baking dish and use a spatula to press it down evenly into the tray. Allow to cool. Slice into small squares, and enjoy!
This recipe makes anywhere between 9-16 rice krispies treats, depending on how you slice them.
How to store rice krispies treats
Rice krispies treats are best enjoyed fresh, and that applies to these bacon peanut butter rice krispies treats as well! If you have leftovers, store the sliced rice krispies treats in an airtight container in the fridge (this is because there is bacon in them!). I like to warm them up in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to get them warm and gooey again before eating the leftover treats.
Other fun desserts you will love:
- No-bake key lime cheesecake dip
- 2 ingredient apple pie cups
- Red velvet mug cakes - 5 minute dessert!
- 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins
- 4 ingredient red velvet cookies
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Peanut Butter Bacon Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 slices cooked bacon , crumbled, or use bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows (1 bag large or small marshmallows)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter powder (see notes for substitutions)
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- 8x8 inch pan
- Medium-large pot
- In a large pot, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure the heat is low so that the sugar from the marshmallows does not burn. When the mixture is mostly melted, add the peanut butter powder and stir until thoroughly mixed and the marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal and crumbled bacon and mix well until the entire mixture is coated in peanut butter marshmallows.
- Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray or brush with oil. Spray a spatula with cooking spray.
- Transfer the rice krispies mixture into the baking dish and use a spatula to press it down evenly into the tray. Allow to cool. Slice into 9-12 pieces, and enjoy! Store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
- If you like thinner rice krispies treats, you can use an 8x12 or 9x13 inch pan.
- If you want to use regular peanut butter, just skip the butter and add the peanut butter in with the marshmallows.
- You can skip the bacon, if you are not sure about the sweet & salty combo, but I urge you to give it a try! You can even do a half batch with bacon if you don't want to commit.
- To reheat these, just pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to make them ooey and gooey again, and enjoy!