Last updated on June 27th, 2018.
You read that right. Peanut butter. Bacon. Rice Krispies treats. And they do taste as amazing as they sound.
These Peanut Butter Bacon Rice Krispies Treats are sweet and savory and absolutely addicting. This recipe uses peanut butter powder for a lower fat version of this delicious dessert.
This recipe contains affiliate links.
If you’ve never had the amazing combination of peanut butter and bacon, you are in for a treat.
The salty smoky bacon and nutty peanut butter is a union that is as delicious as peanut butter and chocolate. But it is not as sweet, so it is more suited for those of us who like salty/savory treats.
And these rice krispies treats are the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
This recipe uses peanut butter powder instead of peanut butter to save a bit on the calories and fat, but it still has that indulgent creamy peanut butter flavor. I discovered peanut butter powder just recently, and I am obsessed with it. You see, they remove the fat from roasted peanuts and then grind it up into powder… so you still get all the amazing peanut flavor but it is much healthier for you.
I’ve been making my own “peanut butter” with this stuff by mixing powder with a bit of water, a teaspoon of agave syrup, and a tiny pinch of salt. And that stuff has been going on everything – on apple slices, toast, banana, in smoothies, in oatmeal, on a spoon and into my mouth. 🙂 It’s so nice to be able to enjoy peanut butter almost every day as part of a healthy snack.
This was the first time I used the peanut butter powder in a recipe and I am very pleased with how this turned out. You’d never know there wasn’t regular peanut butter in these rice krispies treats. And the powder is much easier to measure out than sticky peanut butter. I am a fan.
I will be trying this stuff in stir fries and noodle dishes that go well with a traditional peanut sauce. But for now, here’s the rice krispies recipe!
And don’t forget to pin it for later:
Peanut Butter Bacon Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 slices cooked bacon , crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-oz bag marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- In a large pot, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly. Make sure the heat is low so that the sugar from the marshmallows does not burn. When the mixture is mostly melted, add the peanut butter powder and mix well.
- Stir in the rice krispies cereal and mix well until the entire mixture is coated in peanut butter marshmallows. Stir in the crumbled bacon.
- Place the cellophane wrap in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spray a spatula with non-stick cooking spray as well.
- Transfer the rice krispies mixture into the baking dish and use the sprayed spatula to press it down evenly into the tray. Allow to cool. Slice into 9-12 pieces, and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.