Last updated on May 27th, 2019.
Pear and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, with an amazing fig balsamic glaze. Sweet and savory all in one bite.. Go ahead, try to eat just one!
This post contains affiliate links.
Boy, the first week back at work after the winter break felt long. And it didn’t help that we didn’t win the $900 million NJ lottery Powerball. So I guess we’re going back to work for week # 2.
But it’s alright, we had a great weekend seeing both of our families, we have a 3-day weekend coming up, and best of all – we booked a vacation for April!! We will be going to Croatia and Slovenia, and we’ll be traveling with Gate 1 again, the same company we used for our India trip. We probably didn’t even need a tour for Europe, but traveling with a tour group was just so easy and we learned so much. So when we compared the costs of a tour versus traveling on our own, it was a no-brainer to do the tour. I am SUPER excited, I’ve been wanting to go to Croatia for many years!
Speaking of traveling, I started posting a bunch of pictures from our recent India trip on my travel blog, Nonstop from JFK. It’s not so much of a blog, but more of an online photo album with notes about our travels. Go check it out!
So between family time, going back to work and researching our trip, we haven’t really been cooking around here. And that’s where this Pear and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese sandwich comes in. This has been our dinner a couple of times over the last week. Obviously, it is so easy to make, but it is also just so amazingly delicious that we were happy to ”settle” for this sandwich for dinner. This actually had me thinking, with 10-minute sandwiches this good, why do I even bother cooking more elaborate recipes??
This sandwich has a nice layer of goat cheese, a thin slice of pear, and a drizzle of fig balsamic glaze. This glaze has been a regular in my kitchen since my friend brought me some from Italy. I used up that first bottle a long ago and bought a very similar one the minute we ran out. It is available on amazon, and it can be your best friend. I previously made these Green Beans with Cranberries, Almonds, Goat Cheese and Fig Balsamic Glaze. This was amazing too. I guess that‘s why I bother cooking more elaborate recipes. 🙂
Pear and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 oz goat cheese (or more, depending on your taste and the size of the bread)
- 1/2 pear , seeds and stem removed (not too ripe)
- 2 teaspoons fig balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon butter , room temperature
- Spread goat cheese on each sandwich half. Drizzle each sandwich half with about a teaspoon of the fig balsamic glaze. Thinly slice the pear on a mandolin. Place the pear slices on top of the drizzled goat cheese. Top the sandwiches with the second slice of bread. Spread a bit of butter on both sides of the sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, cook the grilled cheese sandwiches over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side, or until the bread is a nice golden brown and the goat cheese softens and starts to melt. Remove from heat, slice in half, and enjoy!