Try this spiced version of the classic Dalgona Coffee: Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee.
This pumpkin spice flavored whipped coffee is amazing when spooned over steamed milk for a hot whipped coffee latte, or over iced milk for a frothy pumpkin spice iced coffee. Either way, you've got to try this one! It takes about 1 minute to make, and has only 3 ingredients.
If you've had a chance to try my Chocolate Whipped Coffee, then you know how amazingly rich, tasty, and decadent whipped coffee tastes.
This pumpkin spice whipped coffee is an amazing accompaniment to my cinnamon coffee cake muffins with crumb topping or my 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins.
How to make whipped coffee
Basic whipped coffee is simple to make. All you need is:
- Instant coffee
- Boiling hot water
- An immersion blender with a whisk attachment or electric mixer
I also add pumpkin spice seasoning to make it extra tasty.
Just combine the instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water in equal proportions (2 tablespoons each) in a glass jar, add some pumpkin spice seasoning, and whip it all up with an electric mixer or whisk.
Just 30 seconds later, this mixture somehow magically whips up to a frothy, soft, tasty whipped coffee that has the consistency of whipped cream or whipped meringue.
IT IS GOOD.
Enjoy this pumpkin spice whipped coffee for breakfast or as a dessert.
It is amazing when spooned over hot steamed milk, sort of like a pumpkin spice latte made with frothy, whipped coffee. And it is pretty fantastic spooned over iced milk. The frothy, light, airy whipped coffee is a treat to sip through a straw.
Related recipe: Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin spice whipped coffee
This version of whipped coffee is flavored with pumpkin spice. Because pumpkin spice coffee is essential for Fall, amirite?
I added a quarter teaspoon of pumpkin spice to the instant coffee+sugar+boiling water mixture before whipping it. And it was good.
This recipe could easily use a half a teaspoon of pumpkin spice if you want more pumpkin spice flavor. Or you can use just cinnamon if that's what you have on hand.
Pumpkin spice seasoning is loaded with good-for-you spices loaded with antioxidants, so this pumpkin spice coffee is actually better for you than regular coffee!
By the way, if you're into pumpkin spice and everything nice, you've got to try these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes - they are soft, fluffy, tasty and packed with protein!
Or perhaps Pumpkin French Toast is more your thing? Either way you can't go wrong with a pumpkin themed breakfast!
Related recipe: Pumpkin Farina Recipe
Tips for making the best whipped coffee
Here are a few tips that I recommend in my Mocha Whipped Coffee recipe as well:
- Add all the ingredients to a medium size jar, such as a mason jar (~12-16 oz) and use a the whisk attachment from an immersion blender, or a single beater from an electric mixer to whip the coffee. Having the ingredients in a jar versus a large open bowl will reduce any splashing when turning on the whisk
- To help prevent splashing completely, wrap a paper towel around the rim of the jar loosely to contain any splatter
More homemade coffee drinks: Honey Lavender Latte with Lavender Coffee Creamer
How to serve this whipped coffee
The best way to enjoy this pumpkin spice coffee treat is by spooning the whipped coffee over hot steamed milk, or iced milk. You can use cow's milk or a plant-based milk alternative here, your choice.
I find that this recipe makes about 3 servings, so you can have a chance to try it iced or hot and decide which you like best!
You can store the leftover whipped coffee right in the same jar that you make it in. Just cover with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Some of the coffee might "deflate" and form a small coffee puddle at the bottom, but most of it will stay whipped. I don't mind spooning some of the coffee liquid into my milk, but if you want to, you can whip it back up to its frothy, coffee, pumpkin spiced goodness.
If you haven't tried whipped coffee yet, I really hope I've convinced you to give it a try! It's really so so good and such a delicious treat for myself every morning that takes only 30 seconds to prepare (or no time at all, if I am using the leftovers!).
Give this pumpkin spice whipped coffee a try! If you end up making it, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for more coffee and easy treats?
- Chocolate whipped coffee
- Coffee breakfast smoothie
- Pumpkin spice whipped cottage cheese
- Mango whipped cottage cheese
- Whipped cottage cheese breakfast bowls
- No bake key lime pie cheesecake dip
- Papaya shake
- Toffee apple cake
If you end up making this whipped coffee, I would love to see how it turns out! Please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice - (to taste)
- steamed milk or iced milk
- Combine all the whipped coffee ingredients in a ~12-16 oz jar, such as a mason jar or an empty pickle jar.
- Use one beater from an electric mixer or the whisk attachment from an immersion blender to whip the mixture for 30-60 seconds, or until a frothy whipped coffee mixture forms.
- Spoon the whipped coffee over hot steamed milk or iced milk and enjoy!
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.