Need a quick 5-minute healthy pumpkin dessert recipe? Make this Pumpkin Whipped Cottage Cheese! It's creamy, dreamy, delicious, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and full of protein and and healthy pumpkin goodness!
Whipped cottage cheese dessert
This magical 4 ingredient, 5 minute, no-bake, no-cook treat has been my go-to dessert and snack lately!
You're going to LOVE this recipe if you:
- Love everything pumpkin and pumpkin spice
- Enjoy luscious creamy desserts
- Want healthy, high-protein snacks without refined sugar
- Don't love the chunky lumps that are in cottage cheese
- Want a no-bake, no-cook dessert that is ready in less than 5 minutes
- Need a gluten-free pumpkin spice recipe
Related recipe: Dragon Fruit Whipped Cottage Cheese
Healthy pumpkin dessert
This creamy pumpkin spice whipped cottage cheese has only 4 ingredients and makes about 4 servings (2 servings if you're looking for a more filling breakfast instead of a snack).
- 2 cups cottage cheese: Use any kind! I prefer fat-free, unsalted cottage cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree: canned is fine. Fresh would be fantastic! If you're not sure you love pumpkin flavor, start with ½ cup or ¾ cup. You can always taste it and blend in more!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup: Or use any sweetened of your choice, such as honey, agave, brown sugar, molasses. Use more if you prefer a sweeter flavor!
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice: Again, start with less if you're not sure, you can always whip in more
Related recipe: Blueberry Delight
Whipped cottage cheese
I am a HUGE fan of whipped cottage cheese because I am not crazy about the texture of regular cottage cheese, with all its lumps. But pureeing cottage cheese in a blender for just 30 seconds makes the most creamy, dreamy, smooth cottage cheese ever!
So you still get the benefits of cottage cheese (high in protein, low in carbs compared to yogurt), without having to endure that texture.
You can see my other whipped cottage cheese recipes here:
So combining whipped cottage cheese with pumpkin and spice this time of year is a no-brainer to me!
To make whipped cottage cheese:
Simply puree the cottage cheese and the rest of the ingredients in a small food processor. My tip is to start with half the pumpkin and sweetener, and then add more if you would like.
Personally, I love lots of pumpkin! But some people might not be into that, so I recommend starting with less.
DO NOT USE A BLENDER TO PUREE COTTAGE CHEESE, ESPECIALLY A HIGH POWERED BLENDER! It will turn your cottage cheese into a liquid. This would result more in a smoothie-type drink... which would be OK, I guess, but not the same thing because it wouldn't have the thick, rich texture of whipped cottage cheese.
Related recipe: Pumpkin Spice Cream of Wheat
Top this healthy pumpkin dessert with:
- More pumpkin spice
- Hemp hearts (these are the ones I use)
- Pumpkin seeds (pictured above!)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- Candied pecans (get some here, or make your own candied pecans!)
Or add some whipped cream on top!! Yes, it's not as healthy, but a small portion of whipped cream is a-okay to me!!
And here's a pro-tip: stir in a tiny bit of whipped cream into the pumpkin cottage cheese as you eat - you will have luscious dessert heaven!
More easy healthy fall desserts: Air Fryer Apples
Enjoy these chilled
These cottage cheese cups are great if you eat them as soon as they're made, so the cottage cheese is still cold from the fridge. If you like them to be a little cooler, then chill the pumpkin puree in the fridge before blending it in!
Or freeze pumpkin puree in ice cube trays if you want a super chilled pumpkin dessert! You'll need to blend the frozen pumpkin first, in that case, to make sure this comes out nice and smooth without any frozen pieces.
If you end up making these pumpkin spice cottage cheese cups, please take a picture and tag @babaganoshblog on Facebook or Instagram! I LOVE seeing your creations!
Other pumpkin and spice recipes you will love:
- 2 Ingredient pumpkin muffins - these are FANTASTIC!
- Pumpkin waffles - with a little tasty surprise inside!!
- Cinnamon coffee cake muffins with crumb topping - bakery-quality muffins at home!
- Pumpkin spice whipped coffee - 3 ingredients, 30 seconds to frothy pumpkin spice coffee bliss!
- Apple toffee cake - perfect for Fall!
- Pumpkin protein pancakes - a healthier breakfast recipe
- Pumpkin French toast
- Whole wheat carrot cake pancakes
- Pumpkin frittata
And here's a really great savory pumpkin recipe: Moroccan spiced Chicken Pumpkin Stew
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Pumpkin Whipped Cottage Cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin spice - or up to 1 teaspoon, to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup - or honey, or more to taste
- Optional toppings, see notes
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Serve immediately, topping with toppings of your choice, or chill and enjoy within 2 days.
- Do not use a high powered blender! It will turn the cottage cheese into a liquid instead of into a smooth creamy, fluffy cottage cheese! I use a this small food processor and it's perfect for this recipe.
- Use any kind of cottage cheese you like! I prefer fat-free, unsalted cottage cheese
- Chill your pumpkin puree in the fridge for a colder treat. Or freeze some in an ice cube tray! If using frozen pumpkin, puree the pumpkin first before adding cottage cheese, to make sure you don't have any ice chunks!
- Start with less pumpkin if you are not sure you like pumpkin flavor that much. I found that 2:1 cottage cheese:pumpkin ratio was perfect for me!
- Use honey, maple syrup, agave syrup, or brown sugar, or a keto-approved sweetener for a low carb pumpkin dessert
- Topping ideas: whipped cream, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), hemp hearts, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings, crushed pecans, candied pecans
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.
Friday 10th of March 2023
I think this is really good! Mine came out a little thick, so I added a couple tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, and it was perfect! Thank you for the recipe!
Monday 13th of March 2023
So glad! Yes, the thickness is definitely a personal preference and can vary depending on the brand of cottage cheese or exact amount of pumpkin. Glad you were able to adjust it to your liking.
Sunday 30th of October 2022
So glad I stumbled on this. It is delicious. I did add a bit more syrup and cinnamon.
Monday 31st of October 2022
Fair enough! I agree that I tried to make mine as "healthy" as I can tolerate, it's certainly more delicious with more syrup.
Friday 21st of October 2022
Could you use an immersion blender instead of a food processor???
Friday 21st of October 2022
I haven't tried it, but it might work! Let me know how it turns out!
Sunday 11th of September 2022
I know this will sound crazy but as a diabetic, this has MADE my fall. It tastes like pumpkin cheesecake. It so delicious I will have to hide it from my kids. Winner!!!
Sunday 11th of September 2022
I am SO HAPPY to hear that!! I was just as excited about whipped cottage cheese when I discovered it, ESPECIALLY with pumpkin!
Thursday 16th of June 2022
Can't wait to try this. Can you use a high power blender on a very low speed?
Tuesday 21st of June 2022
I'm not sure, my Blendtec liquified this before I had a chance to stop it! Maybe if you pulse first to see how it goes? That might leave some lumps though... Let me know if you try it!