Last updated on December 18th, 2019.
These Corn fritters made from fresh sweet corn take only 25 minutes to cook from scratch. Make these as an appetizer or for an afternoon snack!
We’ve been getting so much corn from our CSA every week, and I am loving it! I don’t think I ever realized how much I like corn until this year. Then again, I don’t think I’ve ever had corn THIS FRESH until this year.
The corn we get from the farm is so sweet and delicious, and so fresh that we don’t even need to cook it.
One of my favorite ways to use fresh corn is to make corn fritters. Crispy, pan-fried little fritters with a wonderful pop of flavor and juiciness from fresh corn.
This recipe is super easy and requires only one bowl and one pan. These quick and easy corn fritters are ready in just 25 minutes from scratch!
How to make these corn fritters:
- Start by mashing up fresh corn kernels in a bowl by using a mojito muddler or a kitchen mallet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. I use white whole wheat flour for this recipe to add a bit more nutrition and fiber. White whole wheat flour is lighter than regular whole wheat flour and still tastes and feels like regular flour in recipes like this one.
- Mix, and add to a hot oiled skillet by the spoonful. Fry on both sides (about 3 minutes each side), and drain any excess oil on a paper towel.
How to serve corn fritters
These corn fritters are best served hot and freshly cooked, either with a squeeze of lime juice or a dollop of lime crema (aka sour cream with a squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of salt).
Some other topping ideas:
- fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil
- splash of hot sauce
- sprinkle of tajin (have you ever had this addicting lime-flavored spice?? So good on top of everything!)
How to reheat corn fritters
The best way to reheat these is in a skillet or an oven (a toaster oven or convection oven would work!). This way they get some of their crisp back. If you microwave these, they will still taste good but will be soft on top.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don’t forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
- 3 cups corn kernels (thawed, if using frozen. 3 large ears of corn if using fresh)
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and finely diced (optional, skip this if you don't want any spice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Optional: Lime juice and extra cilantro for serving
- Mash the corn kernels in a large bowl using a potato masher or a mojito muddler until most corn kernels are broken and some juice comes out. You can also pulse the corn in a food processor for a few seconds just to break them - be careful not to over-process and turn them into creamed corn.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (jalapeno through salt) and mix well. I just used the same mojito muddler for mixing everything together - no need to get a whisk or another utensil dirty!
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Use a heaping tablespoon or a melon baller to add the corn batter to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat, or until golden brown. Carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the corn fritters are golden brown and cooked through.Serve with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.