An easy 10 minute recipe for a fresh, delicious Tomato Apricot Relish. Serve this relish over pan-seared salmon, grilled chicken breast, or as bruschetta on crusty bread! However you decide to eat it, this tomato apricot relish will bring all the flavors of summer right into your kitchen.
We had such a lovely weekend. It was one of those rare weekends where we had time to relax, time to see friends, and time to get some chores done. Usually it is two out of three at best, but this weekend we were able to fit everything in: we had Friday night to ourselves, and then went out for drinks on Saturday night and went to hang out at our friends' pool on Sunday to relax and catch up. It was really really nice. I hope you all had a great weekend too! 🙂
Related recipe: Cajun Salmon Rice Bowls
I also got to cook this weekend, which was nice. I've been taking advantage of all the amazing fresh produce that is in season now: tomatoes, peaches, cherries, apricots. My favorite thing that I made this weekend is this pan-seared Salmon with Tomato Apricot Relish. It is just so simple and so so good - exactly what summer food should be about. The salmon cooks very quickly in the pan - about 3 minutes per side, and the fresh tomato apricot relish takes just minutes to put together.
You can cook the salmon with the skin on, then remove the skin and turn it into salmon bacon.
Related recipe: Roasted Peach Tomatillo Salsa
The tomato apricot relish is just bursting with summer flavor - juicy vine ripened tomatoes are mixed with sweet, delicious apricots, crunchy radishes, and fresh herbs and scallions. The combination of ingredients was just heavenly, and while this recipe makes enough to serve 4, the two of us just ate the rest of the tomato apricot relish as a side salad with our salmon. I couldn't get enough of the sweet and salty, zesty flavors and the fresh ingredients!
Related recipe: Swai with Peach Tomatillo Relish
Apricots are actually some of my favorite fruits, and whenever I see them in stores in the summer I always get a HUGE bag. Normally I just eat them, but this time I decided to get creative and see how I can use them in cooking. This Tomato Apricot Relish was the perfect way to use apricots for a savory dish. Give it a try, I promise you'll love it!
Looking for other easy seafood ideas?
- Crab cakes with mango relish - an amazing appetizer or main dish recipe!
- Trout tacos with mango salsa - ready in 15 minutes!
- Blackened salmon with mango black bean relish (there goes that mango + seafood combo again!)
- Seafood spread appetizer on toasted baguettes (a reader favorite!)
- Cilantro lime shrimp (amazing as an appetizer or for an easy dinner)
- Calamari salad (looks fancy but so easy!)
- Baked swai in a white wine lemon garlic sauce (super easy dinner to feed a crowd)
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don't forget to save it for later on Pinterest:
Pan-Seared Salmon with Tomato Apricot Relish
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 small apricots (or 2 large ones)
- 3 red radishes
- 2 scallions
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 small garlic clove , minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 small salmon fillets
- Cook the salmon: Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan and cook the salmon 2-3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Chop the grape tomatoes into quarters. Chop the apricots and radishes into small pieces, about 1/3 - 1/2 inch each. Chop the scallions, parsley leaves, and mint leaves.