Stuffed Cheesy Chicken Ciabatta - the perfect appetizer that everyone will love, ready in 15 minutes! Make it for dinner tonight or for your next party.
So you got yourself a big loaf of ciabatta. And now you're looking for ideas for what to do with ciabatta bread, right? Well, I got just the thing for you!!
Stuff it ad bake it! This ciabatta is stuffed with a combination of chicken, corn, and salsa, then topped with cheese and baked until crispy, melty, gooey, and oh so good.
Warm, toasted ciabatta is so much better than cold sandwiches, and it is definitely the best way to eat ciabatta bread!!
This recipe is perfect for:
- A quick lunch
- Easy weeknight dinners (just pair it with a salad to make it feel like a complete dinner!)
- Amazing appetizers (just slice it into perfect hand-held pieces for fun snacking)
And the best part is that it takes just 15 minutes to make this!
Here's what you need:
- 1 ciabatta loaf (about 8-10 inches long)
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (use a rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken, or even drained canned chicken salad)
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or any cheese that you like)
- Fresh parsley or green onion
You can also add optional seasonings, such as ground cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. But if you have a tasty flavorful salsa, then the ingredients above are honestly enough.
Note: you might need to adjust the amount of stuffing and cheese based on the size of your ciabatta loaf. This recipe is also a great way to use ciabatta rolls - you can make individual stuffed ciabatta sandwiches for everyone!
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want the easiest cleanup ever, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Slice your ciabatta in half, and scoop out some of the extra bread from both halves to make an indent (not too deep, you don't want your bread to break when it is stuffed!)
Foodie tip: Don't toss those leftover ciabatta pieces! Dip them into olive oil, or save them for next time you make meatloaf or meatballs to add in place of breadcrumbs!
Step 3: In a bowl, combine your shredded chicken, corn, and salsa. If you like, add some fresh chopped parsley, green onion, or any seasonings to this mixture.
Step 4: Stuff the ciabatta with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle lots of shredded cheese on top.
Step 5: Bake at 375F for 8 minutes. If you want, you can turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes to broil the cheese on top (watch carefully so it doesn't burn!!). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Garnish with additional fresh herbs, slice, and serve.
Make sure to bookmark this recipe or save it on Pinterest, so you'll know where to find it next time you need ideas for how to eat ciabatta or need recipes with ciabatta bread!
More super easy recipes:
- Naan shrimp pizza
- BBQ pulled pork and asparagus pizza
- 30-minute Greek pizza
- Fresh mozzarella and pesto pizza with 2-ingredient pizza dough
- 3-ingredient chicken salad
- Spicy crunchy chicken salad
You might also love these easy cheesy recipes:
- Leftover Turkey (or chicken!) Quesadillas with Black Beans
- No-Bake Cheesy Chicken Corn Dip
- 30-Minute Mexican Lasagna
- Buffalo Chicken Ring
More easy appetizer ideas:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please let me know with a comment and a star rating below! And don't forget to save it for later on Pinterest!
Stuffed Cheesy Chicken Ciabatta
- Parchment paper
- 1 ciabatta loaf about 8-10 inches long
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- ½ cup corn kernels (about 1 small corn cob)
- ½ cup tomato salsa (medium works great!)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional garnish: 1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves , and/or 1 scallion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Slice the ciabatta loaf in half as if you were making a sandwich. Scoop out some of the bread from both halves, but don't get too close to the edges. (Save the scooped bread for another use, such as dipping into olive oil or for your next meatloaf).
- In a large bowl, mix together the diced chicken, corn, and tomato salsa. Scoop evenly into the two ciabatta halves. Top with mozzarella cheese and half the parsley/scallion, if using.
- Bake at 375F for 8 minutes, then turn on the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese turns golden brown (watch carefully not to burn it!). Remove from heat and top with additional garnish. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm with additional salsa, if desired.