Last updated on April 18th, 2018.
This Tomato Avocado Bruschetta is a delicious twist on the classic bruschetta. The creamy avocado pairs perfectly with the fresh tomatoes, basil, and parsley. Serve this over toasted baguettes for the perfect appetizer.
This post contains affiliate links.
We are going through a major heat wave here in NJ but we are still trying to make the most of our weekends! This Friday night we went to our friends’ house and had dessert and game night. We finally got to play Settlers of Catan, and I loved the game. No wonder everyone is obsessed with it! Our friends let us borrow it (they have two different versions of it!) and I am so bummed that we don’t have a third person to play it with in the next few weeks. I can’t wait to play it again now that I played once, lost horribly, but understood the strategy a bit towards the end.
Then on Saturday we went to a birthday party and even though I almost melted from the heat, we had a good time and Aldo managed to keep cool with a watergun fight.
On Sunday we went to the beach at Spring Lake with some friends. This was the first time we have ever woken up early to beat traffic on the way to the beach and it was so worth it. This was also the first time we didn’t have to look for parking for 15 minutes, or pay for parking. It was awesome, we were able to set up our chairs and umbrella right by the water and had a really nice time. Of course, I took a nice long nap on the beach because I am not a morning person. After the beach we got tacos at Surf Taco, which I’ve heard about for years but never had a chance to try before. Tacos are always a good thing. 🙂
With the heat wave and all the activities over the last few days, I had no time or energy for actual cooking this weekend. So I made this Tomato Avocado Bruschetta and we ate it as a light dinner after the beach since we were still stuffed from tacos.
It felt really good to eat a healthy snack of fresh, seasonal vegetables and herbs after a day out in the sun. It was very refreshing, and considering how many pieces of toasted baguettes we ate with this Tomato Avocado Bruschetta, we were quite full!
There is nothing like the pairing of vine-ripened tomatoes bursting with flavor and freshly picked basil, which is why bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers. And adding avocado to the bruschetta just took it to a whole other level of yum. You really need to try this Tomato Avocado Bruschetta for yourself to see what I mean!
Tomato Avocado Bruschetta
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 garlic clove , grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves , chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves , chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt , to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 16 slices baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces and set aside to strain in a colander while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir the tomatoes to strain the extra liquid. Dice the avocado into small pieces (1/4 - 1/2 inch each).
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients - strained diced tomatoes, avocado, grated garlic, chopped parsley and basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Brush the olive oil on one side of the baguettes and place in a pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the baguette is toasted and golden brown.
- Serve the Tomato Avocado Bruschetta over the toasted baguettes.