Last updated on July 31st, 2018.
This Tuna Pasta Salad with fresh corn and bell peppers is lightened up with Greek yogurt and is perfect for a side dish or a quick meal.
This post may contain affiliate links.
So tonight for dinner I made a Tuna Pasta Salad with fresh corn and fresh bell peppers, inspired by the recipe above. This was the perfect thing to make because I was starving and I didn’t have it in me to cook more than 20 minutes. Luckily, this recipe is super quick and easy.
Canned tuna is awesome for adding a protein and flavor to your food quickly and cheaply. And I feel like it goes perfectly in pasta and macaroni salads!
I added some fresh corn kernels and diced red bell pepper to give this tuna pasta salad a nice crunch and a subtle sweetness. The flavors of the fresh veggies were perfect with the tuna and pasta, and the easy mayo dressing completed the recipe.
I used whole wheat rotini for this recipe just to get a bit of whole grains into our diet, but you can use your favorite pasta or macaroni – whole wheat or not.
This pasta salad ended up being dinner for us – hey, we’re not fancy, we just want good food! – but it would obviously make a great side dish or pot luck dish. Everyone LOVES pasta salad, you can’t go wrong with this.
(We also have another cat, Midnight, but she is not as photogenic as Luna because she is all black. And she mostly likes snacking on raw vegetables – green onions, cilantro, kale, corn husks, etc., so she doesn’t go near finished foods. Luna, on the other hand, loves anything that we serve for ourselves and wants to stick her nose into all of our food. I got yelled at for letting her eat off our bowl to take this picture.)
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 12 oz uncooked pasta (I used Whole Grain Rotini)
- 2 5-oz cans of tuna , drained
- 1 large bell pepper (or 2 small, I used red)
- 2 ears corn , kernels removed (or 1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water until the pasta is no longer hot.
- Finely dice the bell pepper and the onion so that each piece is about the size of a corn kernel.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl (or in the pot where you cooked the pasta) - pasta, tuna, corn kernels, diced bell pepper and onion, yogurt, mayo, and lemon juice. Mix well. Add salt & pepper to taste.
What are some of your favorite pasta salad combinations?