Roasted Pork Loin Dinner with Cheesy Grits and Sauteed Greens
This whole Roasted Pork Loin Dinner with Cheesy Grits and Sauteed Greens is ready in just 35 minutes! Your whole family will love this balanced meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Pre-marinated Pork Loin Filet (such as Smithfield) (approximately 1-1.5 lbs)
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups water (or as much as 1 cup grits requires, per instructions on the box)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar or pepperjack cheese
- 1.5 cups fresh corn kernels (from 1 corn husk or 1 can)
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper , to taste (about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons each)
Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and roast the pre-marinated Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet for 30-35 minutes, or until desired doneness (USDA relaxed the guidelines for cooking pork, 145F internal temperature is recommended now instead of 160F).
Start cooking the grits 20 minutes after pork loin filet starts roasting: Cook the grits according to the instructions on the packaging (usually a 1:4 corn:water ratio). When the grits are fully cooked, stir in shredded cheese and corn kernels and mix well.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan, and add the baby spinach (it might not all fit at once). Saute the greens until it wilted (adding the rest of the greens if they don't all fit at once), and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon each).
Calories: 543kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 969mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5734IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg