Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms are super addicting - these bite-sized mushrooms made with freshly grated Parmesan, garlic, and herbs are always the first to go!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 15 (2 mushrooms per person)
- 1.5 lb baby bella mushrooms (about 30 mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs can be used)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (or another melt-able cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves , finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- Optional: Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400F, and grease a large baking dish.
Clean the mushrooms and remove all the stems. Set aside the mushroom caps while you prepare the stuffing. Reserve the stems, you'll be adding them to the stuffing!
In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, olive oil, chopped parsley, and minced garlic. Mix well
Finely dice the mushroom stems, or use a garlic press to mince all the mushroom stems. Add the diced/minced mushrooms stems to the Parmesan & breadcrumb mixture. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and mix well.
Place 1-2 tablespoons of stuffing into each mushroom (depending on the mushroom size), really packing it in there and making a nicely shaped mound.
Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the top of the stuffing is nicely browned. Serve warm.
- This Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms recipe uses a secret trick to keeping the stuffing from being too dry. The trick is adding finely minced/diced mushrooms stems to the stuffing. You can either finely dice the stems with a knife, or press them through a garlic press to mince them into tiny pieces. The garlic press method is faster by far!
- I find that this recipe doesn't need additional salt - the Parmesan and cheddar cheeses add enough salt for my taste. Feel free to add a little bit, starting with 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon and adding more if needed.
Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg