Avocado Egg Salad - Green Eggs and Ham Sandwich
An amazing twist on the classic egg salad: avocado adds a wonderful flavor and texture to the egg salad.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 4 hard boiled eggs , cooled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 4-6 slices ham (or as much as you want)
- 4 slices bread , or 2 sandwich rolls
- Optional: Spinach leaves,lettuce, or sliced tomato for the sandwich
Dice the hard boiled eggs into small even pieces (about 1/4 - 1/2 inch). Chop the parsley and chives/scallions. Combine the diced eggs, chopped parsley, and chives in a medium sized bowl.
Slice the avocado in half, and remove the pit. Dice one half of the avocado and add it to the eggs. Use the rest of the avocado in the next step!
In a small bowl, mash the remaining avocado half together with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mayo.
Add the mashed avocado to the egg mixture, and mix well.
Optional: Cook the ham slices in a skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side to make the ham crispy.
Assemble the sandwich, and enjoy!
Calories: 583kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 389mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 753mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3.8mg