Leftover Turkey Quesadillas with Black Beans
Make these quesadillas with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and black beans. Your taste buds and family will thank you.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 cups turkey meat , light or dark, shredded
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or your favorite barbecue dry rub (optional)
- 1 15-oz can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 4 large wheat tortillas (10-12 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cheese , such as Monterrey Jack, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar
Optional: In a medium bowl, mix together the taco seasoning or dry rub seasoning with the shredded turkey meat. Place a tortilla in a large skillet. Add 1/2 cup shredded turkey, a scant 1/2 cup drained black beans, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese evenly on one half of the tortilla. Carefully fold tortilla over, and cook for 3-5 minutes per side over medium heat. Hint: use a large turner/spatula to carefully flip the tortilla over the middle, taking care not to lose any fillings. Repeat with the other tortillas. Slice each quesadilla into 3 pieces and serve with sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.
Serving: 1quesadilla | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 985mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 1mg