Keto Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Boats Recipe
Tasty, succulent Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Boats - this easy keto shrimp and avocado recipe is a gorgeous appetizer that will impress your guests. They will be asking you to make these for every party!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Cooldown time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb shrimp raw, thawed, peeled and deveined, tails removed (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt, black pepper , or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream (full fat or low fat)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 Hass avocados
- Optional garnish: chopped scallions or cilantro
Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add shrimp and immediately season with Cajun seasoning and salt. Cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from pan and set aside. When shrimp is no longer hot, cut each shrimp into 4-5 little pieces. Combine the mayo, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and lime juice in a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir well. Add the shrimp and stir. Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits. Top each avocado half with shrimp salad. Garnish with cilantro and/or scallions and serve with lime wedges. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- You can substitute more mayo instead of the sour cream if you don't have sour cream on hand. Or use plain Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream
- Cooking for two? Read the post above to see how to adjust this recipe.
- Check the ingredients of your Cajun seasoning - skip or reduce the salt if it already has salt added
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 291mg | Sodium: 937mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 14.7mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 3.2mg