Greek Pizza from Scratch with Homemade Pizza Dough
A 30 minutes Greek Pizza Recipe with a homemade yeast dough made from scratch in just a few minutes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 slices
- 2 cups all purpose flour plus up to 1/4 cup extra
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspons salt
- 1 package Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast
- 2/3 cups warm water (120˚F-130˚F) see notes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 oz mozzarella thinly sliced or shredded
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled or cubed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup olives sliced
- 1 6-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and cut into quarters
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely diced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a baking dish (13x9 inches or a 12 inch round pizza pan) with oil or brush with oil.
Make the pizza dough
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all purpose flour, 1.5 teaspoons sugar, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and Fleischmann's® RapidRise® Yeast. Stir. Add 2/3 cups warm water (120 - 130°F) and 3 tablespoons canola oil. Stir with a fork until a shaggy dough forms, then use your hands to roll into a ball. Knead the dough for about 4 minutes. Cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 10 minutes. Get all the pizza toppings together while the dough is resting. See notes.
Make the pizza
Place the dough in the middle of the oiled baking pan and use your fingers to gently stretch it into a free-form pizza (if using a 13x9 inch pan) or into a circle (if using the 12 inch circle pan). Use your fingers to press along the edge of the dough to form a rim. Alternatively, you can roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to whatever shape you prefer - a 12 inch circle or a free-form dough. Top the pizza with mozzarella cheese, sliced red onions, sliced olives, artichoke hearts, crumbled feta, diced grape tomatoes, and half of the fresh parsley. Sprinkle with dried oregano. Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust puffs up and is a lovely golden color. Remove from heat, sprinkle with the remaining fresh parsley, and slice into 6 slices.
- Use a thermometer to make sure the water is between 120˚F-130˚F to ensure that dough rises during baking. If the water is too hot, it will kill the yeast. If the water is too cold, it will not activate the yeast.
- The dough is not going to rise much during the 10 minutes of resting time, this is fine. It just needs time to get soft and plump and to let the yeast and gluten work their magic behind the scenes. The dough will rise as it bakes.
Serving: 1slice (1/6 pizza) | Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 555mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 416IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 203mg | Iron: 2mg