This Zesty White Bean Spread made from Great Northern beans (or your favorite white beans!) can be served as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip for your favorite veggies and pita chips. This recipe is brought to you in partnership with Randall Beans.
This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure.
Summmerrrrr!! It's like, legit summer weather here in NJ - complete with lots of sun, thunderstorms that leave that great 'it just rained' smell, and enough heat to make it seem totally reasonable to go out for ice cream instead of having a real lunch. I love being on maternity leave during this time, so I actually get to enjoy the day instead of just enjoying 6pm - 8pm after work.
Ice cream lunch is probably not a good idea for a daily habit (although the ice cream place being just a couple of blocks away from our house is so tempting!!)... Because of the heat I've been getting creative with lunches at home that don't require any cooking, and all kinds of bean-y and hummus-y recipes have been my go-t0 lately.
I've made this Chickpea Summer Salad a bunch of times, and recently been making variations of this Zesty White Bean Spread / Dip. I originally created this recipe for Randall Beans, and wanted to share it here on my blog now that they have posted it in their recipes section. By the way, check out all the other delicious bean recipes on there!
This white bean spread is super easy to make by throwing everything in a blender or food processor, and it is very filling and healthy.
It can be used as a dip for veggies, as a spread for an open-faced sandwich on toasted bread, or as a condiment for a heartier sandwich. If you want to make a heartier sandwich, just spread the zesty bean spread on bread and top with lettuce, tomato, and grilled chicken or grilled veggies.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it makes enough for leftovers when it's just the two of us - we get to enjoy it fresh on a sandwich, and then just pull it out of the fridge later on when we need a snack. If you are having a bunch of people over, it will be a great dip for veggies and pita chips for the whole crowd.
Here is another great no-cook recipe:
Zesty White Bean Spread and Dip
- 1 24-oz can white beans (or 2 14-oz cans)
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste (about ½ teaspoon each)
- 1 plum tomato , diced and seeds removed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
- 2 scallions , diced
- Optional garnishes: sliced red onion , parsley, scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a small food process. Process for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. You might need to use a spoon or a spatula to scrape down the contents a few times to get it to blend.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the diced tomato, parsley leaves, and scallions. Mix well. Garnish with sliced red onion, parsley, scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired. To serve: spread on a sandwich or toast, or serve as a dip for vegetables or crackers.
Shop for this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that Babaganosh gets a tiny commission if you buy anything through these links - all at no extra cost to you! It's a great way to support this blog so I can keep posting more delicious recipes.