Is there anything better than throwing a few ingredients into the slow cooker, pressing a button, and coming back to a delicious comfort food meal?? Not really! This Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy is what you need for a busy day on a cold day.
4 ingredients, 5 minutes of your time, and dinner is done!
More slow cooker dinner recipes to try: Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Crockpot chicken and gravy
The crockpot is such an awesome kitchen tool, right? I love being able to add ingredients to it during lunch time, press a button, and then come back to the most delicious comfort food dinner!
This EASY crockpot chicken recipe has just 4 ingredients (chicken, Ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth). It takes less than 5 minutes of your time to get this going and to prep it for eating.
Serve this creamy crockpot chicken over mashed potatoes (TRUST ME ON THIS!!), or go with rice or egg noodles if you prefer. So good!!
More slow cooker chicken recipes: Slow Cooker Honey Chicken (this one is very different! It's sweet and savory and great over rice)
Creamy chicken gravy
This recipe uses a shortcut: a can of condensed cream of chicken soup. It's flavorful, it's thick, and it makes a great gravy when combined with a good chicken broth. It's the EASIEST way to make a creamy chicken gravy without having to actually cook the grave separately. The gravy just forms in the slow cooker as the chicken cooks. So easy, so delicious.
Even if you're not a huge fan of "cream of" soups, give it a try! It's such a great time-saving shortcut that even I use it sometimes (even though I am typically all about cooking from scratch).
More comfort food chicken dishes: Chicken and Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 10.5-oz can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 1-oz packet Ranch seasoning (the dry powder mix, not the salad dressing. If you buy yours in bulk, that's about 3 tablespoons of Ranch powder. If this feels like a lot, you can start with less and stir more in to taste after the chicken is cooked)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water, but I prefer the broth for more flavor! I always keep Better than Bouillon chicken paste on hand so I can stir together 1 teaspoon with 1 cup water to easily make 1 cup of broth)
- Optional: fresh diced parsley leaves or chives for garnish
More comfort food chicken dinners: Chicken Cauliflower Soup
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. No need to stir. It's not going to look pretty but that's okay!
Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or HIGH for 2-3 hours. I prefer the low setting, I feel like cooking longer and slower results in more shred-able chicken.
Use a fork or a hand mixer to shred the chicken apart. Serve over mashed potatoes or your favorite side dish. Garnish with parsley or chives, if you want to be fancy. Enjoy!!
- Try stirring in some baby spinach while the dish is hot but after you shred the chicken. The spinach will wilt and will give you lots of nutrients and a pop of color.
- Skip the ranch and simply season your chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
More easy shredded chicken dinners to try: Instant Pot BBQ Shredded Chicken
What to serve with crockpot chicken and gravy
Mashed potatoes!! (Try these make ahead mashed potatoes that you keep warm in the slow cooker.... if you have a second slow cooker). As for veggies, some of my favorite pairings with chicken and mashed potatoes are pan-fried brussels sprouts, air fryer delicata squash, and roasted cauliflower.
More easy creamy shredded chicken recipes: Instant Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Hand mixer or forks to shred chicken
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker pot. Top with ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth. It won't look pretty, but that's okay.
- Cover and slow cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. I prefer the low setting, but the high works okay too.
- Once the chicken has cooked through and is fork-tender, use a hand mixer or two forks to shred the chicken apart.
- Mix the ingredients together and serve over mashed potatoes or your side dish of choice. Garnish with diced fresh parsley or chives if you're feeling fancy.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.