These individual Mini Tropical Trifles are the perfect answer when you don't want to bake and need a dessert whipped up (literally!) in 10 minutes. Save this one for your next dinner party or cookout.
You know those times when you really want something sweet and decadent but just don't want to bake? Or when you will have people over and just don't want to bake? I think the key theme here is "don't want to bake." Well that's where these 10 Minute Mini Tropical Trifles come in. Just 4 ingredients, 10 minutes, and you have a dessert ready!
More easy 10-minute desserts: Banana Pudding with Cool Whip
I've been making these 10 Minute Mini Tropical Trifles throughout the summer whenever I could get Aldo to cut up a pineapple, which is not a hard task because pineapple is his favorite fruit. (This is why most of our desserts have pineapple: Tropical Tres Leches, Coconut Cake with Pineapple Jam Filling.) It probably would have made more sense to share this easy no-bake recipe during the summer when I made these, right? Oops, I was too busy eating these and didn't have time to write this post! =P
This recipe was SUPER easy to make using my whipped cream dispenser, which I am obsessed with by the way! It is a pretty awesome kitchen gadget toy - put in heavy cream and any sweetener/flavoring I want, and get flavored whipped cream. Very fun, and almost dangerously easy for someone who likes to experiment with different flavors.
I am definitely keeping this Mini Tropical Trifles recipe in mind for when we have company over next... Aldo and I are in the process of buying a house (eek!), and I keep dreaming about our future kitchen makeover, having family over, and serving them delicious food that will make everyone ooh and ahh. I am pretty sure these little individual mini Tropical Trifles in adorable dessert cups will be a huge hit with both of our families.
10-Minute Mini Tropical Trifles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 coconut pound cake - , cut into ½ inch pieces (regular pound cake would work too, if you can't find coconut)
- 1 pineapple - , diced into ½ inch pieces
- Optional: Toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- Equipment: Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Stir the agave syrup into the heavy whipping cream. Pour into a chilled whipped cream dispenser and follow the dispenser instructions to make whipped cream. If not using a whipped cream dispenser, use a mixer (stand-up or hand mixer) to beat the heavy cream until whipped cream is formed, then add the agave and mix for another few seconds.
The nutritional information displayed is an estimate and not to be used as dietary or nutritional advice. Consult a nutritionist or dietician for nutritional info based on the exact ingredients you use.