Cooking gourmet seafood at home is faster and easier than going out for dinner. This Brown Butter Scallops dish with golden brown scallops and a delicious buttery sauce tastes like a million bucks for a fraction of the cost!
Hey all! We had a fantastic Labor Day weekend, and I hope you did too. The coastal storm that was promised stayed away completely here in NJ and we had gorgeous weather. Since the weather forecast was rainy, Aldo and I didn’t have any BBQ plans so we had the weekend to ourselves to relax. And since the weather turned out beautiful, we got to spend lots of time outdoors – we went hiking on Saturday and then had a picnic and outdoor nap at the park on Sunday. On Monday we had ourselves a lovely romantic dinner at home.
I made these Brown Butter Scallops for dinner and served them with roasted spiralized potatoes and steamed broccoli that has been tossed in the Brown Butter sauce from the scallops. The whole combination was absolutely delicious, especially with a glass of chilled, crisp white wine. It was the perfect way for us to end a long holiday weekend together.
Scallops is one of those ingredients that is so expensive in restaurants yet so easy to cook at home. Because of this, we usually cook scallops at home, so we can eat more than 3 tiny pieces and have it not cost $28 per plate. This Brown Butter Scallop recipe couldn’t be easier – just heat some butter in a pan until it starts browning, throw in some scallops to brown on both sides and bam! – done in 5 minutes. SO decadent, so delicious. So many ”So’s” in this paragraph. 🙂
Brown Butter Scallops
- 1 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 lb scallops thawed if frozen
- Optional: Salt & Pepper
- Juice of 1/4 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon parsley leaves , chopped
- Use a paper towel to thoroughly dry the scallops.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter until bubbles start to form. Add the scallops and cook over high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the scallops turn golden brown on the bottom. Season lightly with salt and pepper, if desired. Use tongs to carefully flip the scallops and cook for another 3 minutes or until scallops are fully cooked. Squeeze some lemon juice over the scallops. Remove from the skillet and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with your favorite side dish.