Make this easy Chickpea and Chicken Salad for a quick and healthy school lunch or after-school snack. Serve in a pita, wrap, in a sandwich, or with crackers and a tall glass of iced tea.... Perfect!
This recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
This recipe was brought to you in partnership with Randall Beans, who asked me to come up with an easy kid-friendly Back-to-School Salad using their chickpeas products.
A fun twist on chicken salad
This is one of my FAVORITE chicken salad recipes (and we make chicken salad a lot, so that's saying something). The reason I love this chicken salad is that it has chickpeas in it, which almost doubles the size of the salad and adds lots of healthy fiber to the salad.
The chickpeas make this salad so pleasant to eat with their soft texture.
I love adding garbanzo beans (chickpeas) to chicken salad because it makes a delicious, filling chicken salad that doesn't have just chicken in it.
Related recipe: Chickpea Salad with Feta and Chopped Vegetables
Add in some crunchy celery, juicy grapes, flavorful herbs, and scallions to give this salad an awesome texture and lots of fresh flavor. It's perfect for both kids and adults.
The dressing for this chicken salad couldn't be easier: just a little mayo and lemon juice for flavor.
I always recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice because it has the freshest flavor. I love my lemon squeezer from oxo, which makes it super easy and fun to juice a lemon - I use it almost daily and it's held up for over 10 years! You can get it here, if your local store doesn't have it or you don't want to go looking for it in stores.
This chickpea and chicken salad a great healthy lunch or after-school snack. It can also be a very satisfying dinner if the salad is stuffed into a pita or piled on top of some rye bread (or whatever your favorite bread is!).
Related recipe: Chickpea Pea Shoot Salad
I hope you get a chance to make this chicken and chickpea salad! If you do, please take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can find me at @babaganoshblog on both. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for more easy snacks and salads?
- Hawaiian chicken salad with pineapple and ham
- 3-Ingredient chicken salad
- 3-Ingredient tuna salad
- Crunchy spicy chicken salad
- Asiago cheese crisps
- Cajun-spiced crispy kale chips
- Hummus with feta and olives
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know with a comment and a star rating below. And don't forget to share it on Facebook and save it on Pinterest for later!
Back to School Garbanzo Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast shredded or diced into ½ inch pieces (rotisserie chicken or 10-oz cans chicken works great here)
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1 stalk diced celery diced (about 1/2 - 1 cup)
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup parsley leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Optional: Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving. Serve as a salad or as a sandwich in some pita or over your favorite bread.