This recipe for Pineapple and Mango Puff Pastry Squares has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and ConAgra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringReddi #CollectiveBias
These Pineapple and Mango Puff Pastry Squares are my favorite go-to dessert when I need something quick and easy to make. They are truly irresistible!
Ever since my pregnancy nausea went away after the first trimester, I've been craving desserts like never before! I have never eaten as much cake and pastries as I have in the last couple of months. Aldo says that being pregnant makes you realize which foods are actually good - you start craving delicious things like dessert and pizza and get sick at the thought of eating vegetables. I disagree - I actually like vegetables when I am not pregnant, but it is true that pastries have never been harder to resist!
Related recipe: Best Mango Desserts
Because of my pastry cravings, I've come up with a few really quick and easy recipes, and one of them is these Pineapple and Mango Puff Pastry Squares. We've been enjoying them recently and I plan on making them for the next few months because Pineapple and Mango season is coming up!
These flaky and warm puff pastry squares are the perfect spring pastries, especially when topped with a generous dollop of whipped cream! The sweet, creamy whipped cream complements the warm, fruity, tart pastries so well, making the whole thing just melt in your mouth. These are truly irresistible, and I am embarrassed to say how many I could eat in one sitting, if I didn't have Aldo asking "are you gonna eat all that?"
I think the mango puff pastries are my favorite - I find them to be absolutely divine. Aldo prefers the pineapple ones ever so slightly, though he loves both of those fruits equally. Of course, you can top each puff pastry square with both mango and pineapple.... and a dollop of Reddi-wip.
This pineapple and mango puff pastry recipe really couldn't be simpler - you are 5 simple ingredients and 20 minutes away from the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth dessert. If you need to feed a crowd, just double the recipe - everyone will love it, I promise!
Pineapple and Mango Puff Pastry Squares
- 1 package puff pastry sheets (containing two 10x10 inch sheets)
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 4 pineapple slices , cores removed
- 8 teaspoons honey (2.5 - 3 tablespoons)
- Reddi-wip for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Thaw puff pastries according to the package directions (about 30 minutes at room temperature). Cut each puff pastry sheet into quarters, resulting in a total of eight 5-inch puff pastry squares. Place the puff pastries on 2 baking sheets.
- Peel the mangoes and cut them into thin slices. You will need about 1/2 mango per puff pastry. Here is a great website with step by step instructions for how to slice a mango.
- Arrange the fruit on the puff pastries however you like. I made puff pastry squares with mango slices, and ones with pineapple slices and mango roses in the middle. Drizzle each puff pastry square with about 1 teaspoon honey, taking care not to get honey too close to the edge.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until comfortable to the touch. Top each puff pastry square with a dollop of Reddi-wip.