Last updated on February 18th, 2019.
Your whole family will love this Southwestern White Bean Chili! It is a quick and easy recipe that works for a weeknight meal or for Sunday dinner.
This Southwestern White Bean Chili is brought to you in partnership with Randall Beans.
In the spirit of the Superbowl, I wanted to share this Southwestern White Bean Chili recipe that Randall Beans asked me to create. It has everything you love about traditional chili – beef, thick tomato base full of flavor, and filling beans… as well as a few special ingredients: corn, jalapeños, and bell peppers. All these special ingredients kick up the flavor of this quick and easy chili recipe.
All the flavors meld together while this chili cooks and together they make the ultimate comfort food. Top a bowl of Southwestern White Bean Chili with your favorite chili add-ons: a dollop of sour cream and cheese, or in the spirit of the Southwest, add some avocado and cilantro.
I am actually writing up this post as we stay home for the Superbowl – womp womp. We were supposed to go to Aldo’s cousin’s house, but everyone there came down with the stomach flu so we ended up staying home. It’s OK though, since we have delicious chili, loaded guacamole, honey garlic chicken wings, lots of drinks, and our lovely cats. Besides, I am only in it for the snacks and the halftime show, so I am not too opposed to not having to drive home at night. 😉
This recipe contains affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let me know with a comment and a star rating below, and don’t forge to save it on Pinterest!
Your whole family will love this Southwestern White Bean Chili! It is a quick and easy chili recipe that works for a weeknight meal or for Sunday dinner.
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper , seeds and pith removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb ground beef (90-93% lean is best!)
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper , seeds removed and diced
- 1 15-oz can white beans (such as Great Northern Beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can whole corn kernels , drained and rinsed
- Salt to taste (about 1 ½ teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves , chopped
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the diced red onion, minced garlic, and diced jalapeño, and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the chili powder and oregano, and stir well. Stir in the ground beef and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatoes and water, and bring to a boil. Add the diced bell pepper, beans, and corn; and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chili has thickened to your liking. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped cilantro leaves.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with your favorite chili garnishes.