This recipe for the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich made with just 6 wholesome, delicious ingredients, is sure to be everyone’s favorite!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been counting down the days until we set the clocks forward here in the US! I am so glad to finally have an extra hour of daylight every evening – it is so worth losing 1 hour of sleep over a weekend.
The longer days make me look forward to all the happy things that come with springtime – warmer weather, more time outdoors, and this year – building my first backyard garden! I am super excited to plant my own vegetables, and I can’t wait to use home-grown vegetables in my recipes.
Some of my favorite vegetables that grow earlier in the season are leafy greens such as spinach, and tomatoes of all kinds. Both are just so versatile and are perfect for using in sandwiches!
This Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich is ideal for busy nights when you don’t want to spend too much time cooking and you want to get outside to enjoy spring time.
Related recipe: Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches
“Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich” is a lot to live up to, but it really is as amazing as it sounds! Just picture fresh spinach & tomatoes, creamy Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise, delicate slices of Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham, and melted gooey cheese all between two perfectly toasted slices of Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse™ 100% Whole Wheat bread. So much goodness in one sandwich, and so much goodness in every bite!
For me, a sandwich starts with the best ingredients. It’s important to have bread that is slow baked, hearty, and has fresh-from-the-oven taste, for the honey ham to be slow roasted for hours and not contain any artificial flavors or byproducts, and for the mayonnaise to be real mayonnaise made without any funky fillers. Combine all that with my favorite cheese – muenster – and no one will be able to resist this sandwich!
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices Whole Wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 thick slices Muenster cheese
- 8 slices ham
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 tomato slices (beefsteak tomatoes work great!)
- Microwave the baby spinach for 30 seconds at a time until the spinach has wilted.
- For each sandwich: squeeze a tablespoon of mayonnaise (about a tablespoon) over a slice of bread. Top the bread with a slice of cheese, 4 slices of ham, half of the baby spinach, and a tomato slice. Add a slice of cheese on top and cover a slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in a pan or skillet and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes per side, until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.