One Pot Gnocchi with Creamy Mushrooms and Peas - dinner couldn't get any easier!
This post contains affiliate links.
We've been super busy lately! I wish I had more time to cook and post new recipes, but we've been busy making a registry, researching baby monitors, touring day cares, calling pediatricians, booking childbirth classes, painting the baby room, picking up and assembling cribs and baby dressers. It seems like the work will never end, and we haven't even gotten to the hardest part yet - you know, the part where we bring home a baby and have to care for it while being sleep deprived?? I hear that can be a challenge. 😉
We are hoping to have everything done within the next month so that we can just relax and enjoy each others's company during the last month before D-Day. (That's Due-Day, in case you are wondering) So far we have just been writing and re-writing to-do lists - they only seem to grow even as we get stuff done!
I am thinking ahead to how cooking will be handled once the baby is here, since I do all the cooking and Aldo generally does everything else around the house. We might end up starving if I am too tired to cook! But seriously, I will probably put together a list of really easy go-to recipes for Aldo to follow while I take a nap.
This One Pot Gnocchi with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce and Peas will definitely be on the list! Not only is it a one-pot recipe (which is awesome), but it is super easy to make with just a few simple, fresh ingredients. It also happens to combine my 3 favorite pasta things: gnocchi, creamy sauce, and peas. I don't know why, but I love peas in pasta dishes. Maybe it's the little 'pop' they add to every bite? Maybe it's the bright color?
Gnocchi is my favorite kind of pasta - I love it with any sauce - but serving it in this creamy mushroom sauce is just amazing. Give this recipe a try, and let me know if you love it as much as we do!
One Pot Gnocchi with Creamy Mushrooms and Peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 lb baby bella mushrooms , sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk (or 1/2 cup, see notes below)
- 2 oz freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 lb gnocchi (1 frozen package)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms soften and release juices. If you prefer a less 'mushroomy' taste, drain the mushroom liquid and use more milk in the next step.
- Add the cream cheese and milk (see notes) to the skillet, and continue to stir until the cream cheese has melted. Add the Parmesan cheese, frozen peas, and frozen gnocchi. Continue to cook while stirring for about 2-3 minutes, or until the gnocchi has cooked. Be careful here and don't overcook the gnocchi!
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Looking for more one-pot recipes?